Simplex bar end shifters, pull enough cable?????

Robert

Guest
I understand that Simplex bar end shifters pull less cable than Suntour
and they will not work with other derailleurs. (IE Suntour and Shimano)
Is this true?
Anyone know if they will work with a 5 speed f.wheel and Suntour
derailleur?

I have not bought them yet , so looking for some hands on info here.

Thanks
Robert

Robert wrote:
> I understand that Simplex bar end shifters pull less cable than

Suntour
> and they will not work with other derailleurs. (IE Suntour and

Shimano)
> Is this true?
> Anyone know if they will work with a 5 speed f.wheel and Suntour
> derailleur?
>
> I have not bought them yet , so looking for some hands on info here.
>
> Thanks
> Robert

I shift 7 speeds with them and the infamous Demultiplicator. It'll be
fine. But why not use Suntours? The Simplexs are valuable collector's
items.
Phil Brown