Since I'm no betting expert

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by David Ferguson, Jul 16, 2005.

  1. On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 20:28:51 +0000, [email protected] wrote:

    >On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 21:27:42 +0200, "trg"
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> What do you think it means?

    >
    >That there is no gain on the bet ?



    Even money.

    If you bet $100 (which you will hand to them at that time) and
    Armstrong wins they will hand you $200 for that little ticket they
    give proving you made the bet.
     
    Tags:


  2. On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 15:34:46 -0400, David Ferguson
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 20:28:51 +0000, [email protected] wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 21:27:42 +0200, "trg"
    >><[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> What do you think it means?

    >>
    >>That there is no gain on the bet ?

    >
    >
    >Even money.
    >
    >If you bet $100 (which you will hand to them at that time) and
    >Armstrong wins they will hand you $200 for that little ticket they
    >give proving you made the bet.
    >
    >



    And 7/2 would mean that you get 3.5X back on your bet(plus the money
    you bet). So if you gave them $100 and won they would hand you $450.

    Armstrong's line could be less than even at 4/5 which means if you bet
    $100 and won they would give you back that $100 plus $80 more. A less
    than even money bet.

    D
     
  3. Peter Potter

    Peter Potter Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Do these Armstrong odds for a Stage 15 1-2-3 finish say what I think
    > they say:
    >
    > http://www.skybet.com/skybet?aff=59


    It looks like you'll get your money back--no more. Odds on Armstrong to win
    the whole TdF, 1/50, or a $2.00 bet pays $2.04.


    Caveat- I'm not expert either, but that's not what touts call a good price.

    Peter Potter
     
  4. Peter Potter

    Peter Potter Guest

    Thanks for the clarification
    "David Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 15:34:46 -0400, David Ferguson
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 20:28:51 +0000, [email protected] wrote:
    > >
    > >>On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 21:27:42 +0200, "trg"
    > >><[email protected]> wrote:
    > >>
    > >>> What do you think it means?
    > >>
    > >>That there is no gain on the bet ?

    > >
    > >
    > >Even money.
    > >
    > >If you bet $100 (which you will hand to them at that time) and
    > >Armstrong wins they will hand you $200 for that little ticket they
    > >give proving you made the bet.
    > >
    > >

    >
    >
    > And 7/2 would mean that you get 3.5X back on your bet(plus the money
    > you bet). So if you gave them $100 and won they would hand you $450.
    >
    > Armstrong's line could be less than even at 4/5 which means if you bet
    > $100 and won they would give you back that $100 plus $80 more. A less
    > than even money bet.
    >
    > D
     
  5. On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 21:27:42 +0200, "trg"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > What do you think it means?


    That there is no gain on the bet ?
     
  6. On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 20:21:39 +0000, [email protected] wrote:

    >On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 20:17:12 +0000, [email protected] wrote:
    >
    >>Do these Armstrong odds for a Stage 15 1-2-3 finish say what I think
    >>they say:
    >>
    >>http://www.skybet.com/skybet?aff=59

    >
    >Since direct linking doesn't work:
    >
    >---------------------
    >Each-Way bets available on terms 1/4 of the odds first 3
    >
    >Armstrong, L evens
    >Basso, I 7/2
    >Ullrich, J 7/1
    >Rasmussen, M 10/1
    >Leipheimer, L 14/1
    >Vinokourov, A 14/1
    >Landaluze, I 20/1
    >Landis, F 20/1
    >Zubeldia, H 20/1
    >Kloden, A 33/1
    >Mancebo, F 33/1



    Hincapie?
     
  7. trg

    trg Guest

    "David Ferguson" <[email protected]> a √©crit dans le message de
    news: [email protected]...
    > On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 20:21:39 +0000, [email protected] wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 20:17:12 +0000, [email protected] wrote:
    >>
    >>>Do these Armstrong odds for a Stage 15 1-2-3 finish say what I think
    >>>they say:
    >>>
    >>>http://www.skybet.com/skybet?aff=59

    >>
    >>Since direct linking doesn't work:
    >>
    >>---------------------
    >>Each-Way bets available on terms 1/4 of the odds first 3
    >>
    >>Armstrong, L evens
    >>Basso, I 7/2
    >>Ullrich, J 7/1
    >>Rasmussen, M 10/1
    >>Leipheimer, L 14/1
    >>Vinokourov, A 14/1
    >>Landaluze, I 20/1
    >>Landis, F 20/1
    >>Zubeldia, H 20/1
    >>Kloden, A 33/1
    >>Mancebo, F 33/1

    >
    >
    > Hincapie?


    I'm sure they would have been happy to have quoted you odds for Hincapie,
    had you asked them to. You'd be a happy camper right now. BTW, I did quite
    well at Betfair.com today :) Thanks to George and Lance!
     
Loading...
Loading...