Since weight means nothing at all........

dbackmtg

Oct 9, 2005
I was wondering whether there was anyone out there that would want to trade my beautiful Alex DC-19 wheelset for their high end wheelset; since weight doesn't mean squat! Any takers?

Talk to Alienator. He has a set of Lew's on his Look, nice and areo but he'll be the first to tell you noodlely feel or not they don't make you go any faster. Heck he may even throw in the whole bike as rumor has it the thing is just way too light to be considered a factor in performance :D

gemship said:
Talk to Alienator. He has a set of Lew's on his Look, nice and areo but he'll be the first to tell you noodlely feel or not they don't make you go any faster. Heck he may even throw in the whole bike as rumor has it the thing is just way too light to be considered a factor in performance :D
Do you have any undisputable scientific evidence that Alienator actually has a Lew wheelset and a Look bicycle? If so, please cite your sources. Or are you just pulling these "facts" out of thin air?:D :D :D

On craigslist, in the milwaukee sector, there is a Bontrager Race Lite Wheelset for $199, plus it comes with Continental GP4000 tires. Those tires alone are 100 dollars. They seem to be in good shape, and the seller claims they only have 200 miles on them.

Seriously, anyone out there with a nice set of Zipp's or Lew's want to trade up. Common they don't make you any faster. I'm talking to you guys out there that preach that weight, stiffness, better bearings and hubs don't make you any faster but have the high end wheels themselves. Let's make a trade.

kdelong said:
Do you have any undisputable scientific evidence that Alienator actually has a Lew wheelset and a Look bicycle? If so, please cite your sources. Or are you just pulling these "facts" out of thin air?:D :D :D

How could I forget? You must of missed this thread here where Alienator teases us with his dream machine: http://www.cyclingforums.com/t-460965-15-2&highlight=lew+vt-1.html

Awesome bike, couldn't weigh much more than 14 lbs. If anyone knows no difference in light weight amongst us..... I almost feel guilty pointing it out but somebody's gotta do it. :p