Single as opposed to combination approach in HBP med

Francispoon

Guest
Somehow I think the use of only one medicine is better than the combination of two or three kinds in
controlling hbp, as we don't really know the implications of the drug interaction between the meds.

Views???

FP

francispoon wrote:

> Somehow I think the use of only one medicine is better than the combination of two or three
> kinds in controlling hbp, as we don't really know the implications of the drug interaction
> between the meds.
>
> Views???
>
> FP

Depends on the patient and the goals of therapy.

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

What is all this about?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?T13943F77

Is this spam?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> francispoon wrote:
>
> > Somehow I think the use of only one medicine is better than the combination of two or three
> > kinds in controlling hbp, as we don't really know the implications of the drug interaction
> > between the meds.
> >
> > Views???
> >
> > FP
>
> Depends on the patient and the goals of therapy.

The goal is to lower bp. When i was younger, i could have my bp controlled with a single pill. These
days, I seem to need the drug interaction between 2 kinds of pill to make it work.

FP

francispoon wrote:

> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > francispoon wrote:
> >
> > > Somehow I think the use of only one medicine is better than the combination of two or three
> > > kinds in controlling hbp, as we don't really know the implications of the drug interaction
> > > between the meds.
> > >
> > > Views???
> > >
> > > FP
> >
> > Depends on the patient and the goals of therapy.
>
> The goal is to lower bp.

Your doctor may have other goals in mind.

> When i was younger, i could have my bp controlled with a single pill.

Age and weight gain worsen BP.

> These days, I seem to need the drug interaction between 2 kinds of pill to make it work.

Very common.

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com/

**
http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

What is all this about?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?T13943F77

Is this spam?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

Please try to respond to my post "who could explain this?". No one seems able to do it. But the
feeling is *real* and the brain blood flow charts in both cases do show the difference. The red
spots show 'abnormal vibration' and these red spots shift, depending on whether the hbp med is taken
BEFORE or AFTER breakfast. My ENT doctor told me the difference has something to do with hbp med
being taken at high or low blood sugar levels. Blood sugar level is low before breakfast while high
after breakfast. What do you think?

FP

francispoon wrote:

> Please try to respond to my post "who could explain this?". No one seems able to do it. But the
> feeling is *real* and the brain blood flow charts in both cases do show the difference. The red
> spots show 'abnormal vibration' and these red spots shift, depending on whether the hbp med is
> taken BEFORE or AFTER breakfast. My ENT doctor told me the difference has something to do with hbp
> med being taken at high or low blood sugar levels. Blood sugar level is low before breakfast while
> high after breakfast. What do you think?

Medicine is an art.

Andrew