Single chain ring advice

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Spencer Bullen, Mar 22, 2004.

  1. Greetings,

    as an old MTB of mine only gets used for commuting these
    days, I'm looking at replacing the current triple with a
    single ring when it's due for replacement (it should be due
    in summer). Any advice on a good single ring chainset (42-
    48T) and supplier would be appreciated.

    T.T.F.N.

    SPENNY

    Tags:

  2. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    "Spencer Bullen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Greetings,
    >
    > as an old MTB of mine only gets used for commuting these
    > days, I'm looking at replacing the current triple with a
    > single ring when it's due for replacement (it should be
    > due in summer). Any advice on a good single
    ring
    > chainset (42-48T) and supplier would be appreciated.

    You've got one :)

    Just take off the other rings, and there you are. You'll
    want some new chainring bolts for the single conversion.
    Also decide whether you want to use middle or outer position
    (chainline). A single speed/bmx style chainring may be nice
    too (no shifting ramps).

    cheers, clive

  3. Simonb

    Simonb Guest