Single Channel Cable Routing with Campy Ergos



D

D'ohBoy

Guest
I find myself attracted to the shallow drop of the FSA Compact
Handlebar but I am slightly put off by the price (maybe more than
slightly) and the single channel for cable routing.

The exorbitant price aside, has anyone run their cables this way with
Ergos? Any hints or comments?

Any other anatomic drop bars with as shallow a drop and a flat
transition from bar to Ergo? Perhaps in economical, durable aluminum?

Thanks,

D'ohBoy
 
L

Lou Holtman

Guest
D'ohBoy wrote:
> I find myself attracted to the shallow drop of the FSA Compact
> Handlebar but I am slightly put off by the price (maybe more than
> slightly) and the single channel for cable routing.
>
> The exorbitant price aside, has anyone run their cables this way with
> Ergos? Any hints or comments?
>
> Any other anatomic drop bars with as shallow a drop and a flat
> transition from bar to Ergo? Perhaps in economical, durable aluminum?
>
> Thanks,
>
> D'ohBoy



I use Ritchey Classic bars. They only have a single channel on the back.
There is no problem putting the housing in front where there is no
channel. Just secure it with tape before putting the handlebar tape on.

Lou
--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu (http://www.nb.nu)
 
P

Pete Biggs

Guest
D'ohBoy wrote:
> I find myself attracted to the shallow drop of the FSA Compact
> Handlebar but I am slightly put off by the price (maybe more than
> slightly) and the single channel for cable routing.
>
> The exorbitant price aside, has anyone run their cables this way with
> Ergos? Any hints or comments?


It won't be essential, but try running both cables along the front. You may
prefer it anyway.

> Any other anatomic drop bars with as shallow a drop and a flat
> transition from bar to Ergo? Perhaps in economical, durable aluminum?


3T Morphe?

~PB
 
On Nov 20, 7:57 am, "D'ohBoy" <[email protected]> wrote:
> The exorbitant price aside, has anyone run their cables this way with
> Ergos? Any hints or comments?
>

I just installed some Ergo shifters on bars with single channels. I
just ran them both alone the same front channel. The Campy
documentation describes how to route them with each type of handlebar.

Tom
 
H

Hank Wirtz

Guest
On Nov 20, 7:57 am, "D'ohBoy" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I find myself attracted to the shallow drop of the FSA Compact
> Handlebar but I am slightly put off by the price (maybe more than
> slightly) and the single channel for cable routing.
>
> The exorbitant price aside, has anyone run their cables this way with
> Ergos? Any hints or comments?
>
> Any other anatomic drop bars with as shallow a drop and a flat
> transition from bar to Ergo? Perhaps in economical, durable aluminum?
>
> Thanks,
>
> D'ohBoy


Ritchey Biomax is my favorite ergo bar. Just like a Nitto Noodle (my
favorite bar overall), but with the ergo bumps on the drops. And half
the price of a Nitto (loads on ebay under $30). The Ritchey 44s are
the same width as a Nitto 46.
 
H

Hank Wirtz

Guest
On Nov 21, 8:48 am, Hank Wirtz <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Nov 20, 7:57 am, "D'ohBoy" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I find myself attracted to the shallow drop of the FSA Compact
> > Handlebar but I am slightly put off by the price (maybe more than
> > slightly) and the single channel for cable routing.

>
> > The exorbitant price aside, has anyone run their cables this way with
> > Ergos? Any hints or comments?

>
> > Any other anatomic drop bars with as shallow a drop and a flat
> > transition from bar to Ergo? Perhaps in economical, durable aluminum?

>
> > Thanks,

>
> > D'ohBoy

>
> Ritchey Biomax is my favorite ergo bar. Just like a Nitto Noodle (my
> favorite bar overall), but with the ergo bumps on the drops. And half
> the price of a Nitto (loads on ebay under $30). The Ritchey 44s are
> the same width as a Nitto 46.


Oh, and they're single-channel and I run both cables in the front.
 
T

Tom Sherman

Guest
Andrew Muzi wrote:
>> Pete Biggs wrote, in part, suggesting:
>>> 3T Morphe?

>
> D'ohBoy wrote:
>> Huh. I image googled this bar and also hit on the "Bio Morphe". Now
>> that thing looks like an abomination of marketing driven design!
>> http://www.bps-nakayama.com/e/today/04/parts/3t-biobar.JPG
>> Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi !

>
> Handlebar?? That's a tuned exhaust header, right?
>

I take it the customers are not beating down the door for these handlebars?

--
Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
The weather is here, wish you were beautiful
 
H

Hank Wirtz

Guest
R

Rik O'Shea

Guest
On Nov 22, 5:35 pm, A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Pete Biggs wrote, in part, suggesting:
> >> 3T Morphe?

> D'ohBoy wrote:
> > Huh. I image googled this bar and also hit on the "Bio Morphe". Now
> > that thing looks like an abomination of marketing driven design!
> >http://www.bps-nakayama.com/e/today/04/parts/3t-biobar.JPG
> > Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi !

>
> Handlebar?? That's a tuned exhaust header, right?
>
> --


Well they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Spot the
difference with Cinelli Neo Morphe ...
http://tinyurl.com/2oe5m2

PS the 3T is actuall very well engineered as there is only a very
short reach to the brake levers from the drops
plus the fact that there is a flat transition from the bar to the STI
brake hoods
 
On Nov 22, 10:35 am, A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Pete Biggs wrote, in part, suggesting:
> >> 3T Morphe?

> D'ohBoy wrote:
> > Huh. I image googled this bar and also hit on the "Bio Morphe". Now
> > that thing looks like an abomination of marketing driven design!
> >http://www.bps-nakayama.com/e/today/04/parts/3t-biobar.JPG
> > Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi !

>
> Handlebar?? That's a tuned exhaust header, right?
>
> --
> Andrew Muziwww.yellowjersey.org
> Open every day since 1 April, 1971


Dear Andrew,

There are more ominous possibilities:

http://www.huntersfriend.com/bowselectionguideart/bowillustration.jpg

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
 
M

Michael Press

Guest
In article
<[email protected]
groups.com>,
"D'ohBoy" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Pete Biggs wrote, in part, suggesting:
>
> > 3T Morphe?
> >
> > ~PB

>
> Huh. I image googled this bar and also hit on the "Bio Morphe". Now
> that thing looks like an abomination of marketing driven design!
>
> http://www.bps-nakayama.com/e/today/04/parts/3t-biobar.JPG
>
> Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi Yi !


They designed the hell out of that bar.
I'll take two.

--
Michael Press