single speed mountain bike

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Peter Simons, Jun 3, 2003.

  1. Peter Simons

    Peter Simons Guest

    I notice dawes are doing a single speed bike. I understand for use on track.
    http://www.dawescycles.com/bikes/edgeone.html

    But as a mountain bike. As its not got suspension one could use it a commute bike in some parts of
    the country.

    Peter

    Tags:

  2. John Hearns

    John Hearns Guest

    On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 19:36:25 +0100, Peter Simons wrote:

    > I notice dawes are doing a single speed bike. I understand for use on track.
    > http://www.dawescycles.com/bikes/edgeone.html
    >
    > But as a mountain bike. As its not got suspension one could use it a commute bike in some parts of
    > the country.

    Funnily enough, Sandy Morton mentioned single speed bikes to me on Saturday. Many of the public
    would prefer to hire a single speed bike, without all the fiddly gears. And Cumbrae is quite flat
    round the outside road. So maybe not such a bad idea really...