Single Speed Project....Should I continue???

t_mao20

Oct 6, 2005
I found and old cruiser frame and stuck some 26" Rims with Slick on them....Converted it to single speed, and it runs great...Uphill rides are not too bad since it's a 44 teeth front chainring and 16 teeth sprocket in the rear, but really the downhill rides are the greatest. I had to replace the brake systems with one that would fit, also I placed some Road Bars....youmight say this thing is pretty ugly..."Frankinstien" in the works....:eek: Tell me what you think of the bike. Thanks for looking.

To each their own.... hey you may be starting a new trend or something.....:D

Sort of reminisant of a Van Diesel (sp?) in my opinion.

The real question is... How do you like it? What others think realy shouldn't matter if you are happy... right?

As far as I am concerned any fixed/ss is cool... yours may just be a work in progress.... for that matter aren't all bikes?

Cheers

t_mao20 said:
I found and old cruiser frame and stuck some 26" Rims with Slick on them....Converted it to single speed, and it runs great...Uphill rides are not too bad since it's a 44 teeth front chainring and 16 teeth sprocket in the rear, but really the downhill rides are the greatest. I had to replace the brake systems with one that would fit, also I placed some Road Bars....youmight say this thing is pretty ugly..."Frankinstien" in the works....:eek: Tell me what you think of the bike. Thanks for looking.
More Pics...

t_mao20 said:
More Pics...

Looks very nice! The frame make me think about the Specialized Tarmac.
With some profiled tires it should be VERY funny to ride offroad in the mud!

Ride it as is ... and get yourself some shoes and pedals (spd).

Wear off the slicks, or get some studded tires for winter riding.

I love the way the bike looks.

what kind of cruiser bike is it. i would like to start one myself

regards

t_mao20 said:
I "love" Frankenbikes ... your's looks great!

BTW. You may want to think about attaching a FRONT brake (or, moving the brake to the front from the rear).

Hey man, yes a little Frankenstein, but its a beautiful monster. Seriously!! :)

You should be proud. Now get out and enjoy yourself!!!!! :)

It think it's Bad ****

Be different

I run a fixed gear cyclocross bike on the street so hey.

t_mao20 said:
:cool: Thats Cool:cool: