Single speed rear wheel wanted.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by David Brown :O\, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Have any of you got a 26" single speed wheel that they would like to get rid of? Ideally cheap and
    chearful as it will be going on a run around bike.

    I've been after one for ages and don't really want to go to the expense of having one built, having
    said that, I've just noticed these hubs 'On-One Inbred SS Rear hub- £40' here
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/index2.html .

    Is making a wheel around these the cheapest way I can get one?

    Thank you

    --
    David Brown :eek:) http://kitemap.co.uk

    Tags:

  2. Simon Galgut

    Simon Galgut Guest

    "David Brown :eek:)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > I've been after one for ages and don't really want to go to the expense of having one built,
    > having said that, I've just noticed these hubs 'On-One Inbred SS Rear hub- £40' here
    > http://www.on-one.co.uk/index2.html .
    >
    > Is making a wheel around these the cheapest way I can get one?

    No - there are adaptor kits available that consist of two spacers, a cog and a locknut that will
    convert a standard Shimano 8/9 speed hub to singlespeed. These are around the £20 mark and you
    simply put them on in place of the cassette.

    Regards Simon

  3. "Simon Galgut" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> No - there are adaptor kits available that consist of two spacers, a cog
    and
    > a locknut that will convert a standard Shimano 8/9 speed hub to
    singlespeed.
    > These are around the £20 mark and you simply put them on in place of the cassette.
    >
    > Regards Simon

    Even cheaper, you can buy just a cog and position it on the freehub with the spacers from broken up
    cassettes or with plastic tubing.

    Shimano make (or perhaps made) individual ones for their BMX range. They are good quality with no
    shifting ramps and deep teeth. They come in 14, 15 16 &
    18in. I paid £3.50 for one not so long ago.

    On-One sell similar http://www.on-one.co.uk/order/drivetrain.html

    Adrian Clancey