Single Speeders: Clipless or Platforms?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Louisurfer, Feb 2, 2003.

  1. Louisurfer

    Louisurfer Guest

    Curious as to what most XC SS'ers use and why.

    I use clipless on a geared bike, but was wondering if SS bikes necessitates the use of platforms.

    Thanks for your input.

    L.

    Tags:

  2. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On 2 Feb 2003 00:02:23 -0800, [email protected] (louisurfer) wrote:

    >Curious as to what most XC SS'ers use and why.
    >
    >I use clipless on a geared bike, but was wondering if SS bikes necessitates the use of platforms.
    >
    >Thanks for your input.
    >
    >L.

    Clipless.

    :-]

  3. Jd

    Jd Guest

    [email protected] (louisurfer) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Curious as to what most XC SS'ers use and why.
    >
    > I use clipless on a geared bike, but was wondering if SS bikes necessitates the use of platforms.
    >
    > Thanks for your input.
    >
    > L.

    Neither...toe clips and straps.

    JD

  4. Gman

    Gman Guest

    On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 08:17:59 -0500, Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On 2 Feb 2003 00:02:23 -0800, [email protected] (louisurfer) wrote:
    >
    >>Curious as to what most XC SS'ers use and why.
    >>
    >>I use clipless on a geared bike, but was wondering if SS bikes necessitates the use of platforms.
    >>
    >>Thanks for your input.
    >>
    >>L.
    >
    > Clipless.
    >
    > Bill

    I've run both plats and clipless...both seemed to be OK. I think I like the clipless better due to
    the fact that you can get some pull pedal action in on those steep sections.

    Gman

  5. >Neither...toe clips and straps.

    >JD

    Grouch! ;-)

  6. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    [email protected] (louisurfer) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Curious as to what most XC SS'ers use and why.
    >
    > I use clipless on a geared bike, but was wondering if SS bikes necessitates the use of platforms.
    >
    > Thanks for your input.
    >
    > L.

    If it was just an around town cruiser, then flats for sure. But I run clipless, & gonna go to
    eggbeaters on my 2 xc rigs here in about 3 wks.

    Paladin

  7. B4bru

    B4bru Guest

    Platforms. I now use them on all my mountain bikes, SS & multi geared.