Single Speeders: Clipless or Platforms?

Louisurfer

Guest
Curious as to what most XC SS'ers use and why.

I use clipless on a geared bike, but was wondering if SS bikes necessitates the use of platforms.

Thanks for your input.

L.

On 2 Feb 2003 00:02:23 -0800, [email protected] (louisurfer) wrote:

>Curious as to what most XC SS'ers use and why.
>
>I use clipless on a geared bike, but was wondering if SS bikes necessitates the use of platforms.
>
>Thanks for your input.
>
>L.

Clipless.

:-]

[email protected] (louisurfer) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Curious as to what most XC SS'ers use and why.
>
> I use clipless on a geared bike, but was wondering if SS bikes necessitates the use of platforms.
>
> Thanks for your input.
>
> L.

Neither...toe clips and straps.

JD

On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 08:17:59 -0500, Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 2 Feb 2003 00:02:23 -0800, [email protected] (louisurfer) wrote:
>
>>Curious as to what most XC SS'ers use and why.
>>
>>I use clipless on a geared bike, but was wondering if SS bikes necessitates the use of platforms.
>>
>>Thanks for your input.
>>
>>L.
>
> Clipless.
>
> Bill

I've run both plats and clipless...both seemed to be OK. I think I like the clipless better due to
the fact that you can get some pull pedal action in on those steep sections.

Gman

>Neither...toe clips and straps.
>
>JD

Grouch! ;-)

[email protected] (louisurfer) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Curious as to what most XC SS'ers use and why.
>
> I use clipless on a geared bike, but was wondering if SS bikes necessitates the use of platforms.
>
> Thanks for your input.
>
> L.

If it was just an around town cruiser, then flats for sure. But I run clipless, & gonna go to
eggbeaters on my 2 xc rigs here in about 3 wks.

Paladin

Platforms. I now use them on all my mountain bikes, SS & multi geared.