Single Track from Space

Shawn wrote:
> Haven't riden here in a while, but always liked it:
> http://maps.google.com/maps?q=boulder&ll=39.714887,-105.226783&spn=0.005245,0.013892&t=k&hl=en
>
> This is about 10 miles from downtown Denver.
> Got any other good trails from space? The satellite images I've found
> of Salida don't have the resolution otherwise I'd show you some here.
>
> Shawn

I've noticed that most of the rural trails are not high-def. That's
because when they are high def they are using shots taken by airplane
fly-overs.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Shawn wrote:
>
>> Haven't riden here in a while, but always liked it:
>> http://maps.google.com/maps?q=boulder&ll=39.714887,-105.226783&spn=0.005245,0.013892&t=k&hl=en
>>
>> This is about 10 miles from downtown Denver.
>> Got any other good trails from space? The satellite images I've found
>> of Salida don't have the resolution otherwise I'd show you some here.
>>
>> Shawn

> I've noticed that most of the rural trails are not high-def. That's
> because when they are high def they are using shots taken by airplane
> fly-overs.

I think that it's primarily about saving time, money and server space.
Not particularly because they were taken by airplane. I'm sure that
they could have hi-res photos if they wanted. But why have and pay for
a hi-res photo of nothing but desert sand? Why have a hi-res photo of a
town that only 500 people live in? Why have a hi-res photo of someone's
backyard....while they're nude sunbathing... hang on, why NOT have a
hi-res photo of someone's backyard? Say, Hugh Hefner's backyard? Hmmmm....
--
Westie

Westie wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
>> Shawn wrote:
>>
>>> Haven't riden here in a while, but always liked it:
>>> http://maps.google.com/maps?q=boulder&ll=39.714887,-105.226783&spn=0.005245,0.013892&t=k&hl=en
>>>
>>> This is about 10 miles from downtown Denver.
>>> Got any other good trails from space? The satellite images I've
>>> found of Salida don't have the resolution otherwise I'd show you some
>>> here.
>>>
>>> Shawn

>> I've noticed that most of the rural trails are not high-def. That's
>> because when they are high def they are using shots taken by airplane
>> fly-overs.
>>

> I think that it's primarily about saving time, money and server space.
> Not particularly because they were taken by airplane. I'm sure that
> they could have hi-res photos if they wanted. But why have and pay for
> a hi-res photo of nothing but desert sand? Why have a hi-res photo of a
> town that only 500 people live in? Why have a hi-res photo of someone's
> backyard....while they're nude sunbathing... hang on, why NOT have a
> hi-res photo of someone's backyard? Say, Hugh Hefner's backyard? Hmmmm....
> --
> Westie

Beverly Hills is all hi-res just not high enough :-(

Shawn

> Not particularly because they were taken by airplane. I'm sure that
> they could have hi-res photos if they wanted. But why have and pay
> for a hi-res photo of nothing but desert sand?

Besides, wouldn't a higher resolution picture of sand just appear grainer?
;^)

"Shawn" <sdotcurry@bresnananotherdotnet> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Haven't riden here in a while, but always liked it:
> http://maps.google.com/maps?q=boulder&ll=39.714887,-105.226783&spn=0.005245,0.013892&t=k&hl=en
> This is about 10 miles from downtown Denver.
> Got any other good trails from space? The satellite images I've found of
> Salida don't have the resolution otherwise I'd show you some here.
>
> Shawn

Looked one of my single track favorites but it doesn't have the resolution

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Whistler+BC&hl=en

Chris G wrote:
> "Shawn" <sdotcurry@bresnananotherdotnet> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Haven't riden here in a while, but always liked it:
>>http://maps.google.com/maps?q=boulder&ll=39.714887,-105.226783&spn=0.005245,0.013892&t=k&hl=en
>>This is about 10 miles from downtown Denver.
>>Got any other good trails from space? The satellite images I've found of
>>Salida don't have the resolution otherwise I'd show you some here.
>>
>>Shawn

> Looked one of my single track favorites but it doesn't have the resolution
>
> http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Whistler+BC&hl=en

Neither did mine, but you can see the area ok. Just not the actual trails.
http://tinyurl.com/dulr6

Matt

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Shawn wrote:
> > Haven't riden here in a while, but always liked it:
> > http://maps.google.com/maps?q=boulder&ll=39.714887,-105.226783&spn=0.005245,0.013892&t=k&hl=en
> >
> > This is about 10 miles from downtown Denver.
> > Got any other good trails from space? The satellite images I've found
> > of Salida don't have the resolution otherwise I'd show you some here.
> >
> > Shawn

> I've noticed that most of the rural trails are not high-def. That's
> because when they are high def they are using shots taken by airplane
> fly-overs.

Actually the largest repository(in the U.S.) for Aerial Photography
belongs to the USDA. The USDA, through he Farm Service Agency, and The
National Aerial Photography Program(with the USGS), has been collecting
and processing aerial photographs since the 1930's. The majority of
what is being tiled together by google and others are DOQQ's from the
USDA and or the USGS. Pretty hard to find an area in the rural west
that hasn't been covered.