Singles repair

slowdave

Jul 10, 2006
Hey Guys, Does anybody know off a repair service or person who repairs singles i have a veloflex servizo course with 30km on him, perferably in victoria Australia.
jack-o do you know?

slowdave said:
Hey Guys, Does anybody know off a repair service or person who repairs singles i have a veloflex servizo course with 30km on him, perferably in victoria Australia.
jack-o do you know?
16 years ago, when I was a young lad of 21, I was working at Cecil Walker Cycles in Melbourne and we used to send punctured singles to a guy who was , at the time, about 80 years old. I think the knowledge disapeared when he passed away. I don't know of anyone doing it these days. Greg Griffiths at Ivanhoe Cycles might know somebody.

I've seen it done, but I've never tried myself. The theory is, you isolate where the puncture is by looking, and listening for a hole. Then peel back the base tape near the area, carefully unstitch the casing, patch the inner tube, re-sew with similar thread (carefull not to poke the needle through the inner tube!) and re-glue the base tape back on....simple:eek:

I was always told that ANY repaired single is only ever good for training on, ie. a repaired single should not be used for racing.

If you can't find anyone to do it, and you're not willing to do it yourself, I'd give it a go. I won't offer much of a warranty though!

Cheers Gary Jackson

Thanks jacko, good luck in the aussie titles in october, hillman cycles they seem pretty oldschool i was thinking that they may know if greg does not.

slowdave said:
Thanks jacko, good luck in the aussie titles in october, hillman cycles they seem pretty oldschool i was thinking that they may know if greg does not.
Hillman cycles...good thinking.

Thanks for good luck wishes, but it's the Masters World titles. Not expecting anything fantastic from myself, but it should be good fun!