Singlespeeding for Victory

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jd, Mar 23, 2003.

  1. Jd

    Jd Guest

    Yes, for a quick victory, hence the "V" sign displayed.

    It's already started and obviously will not stop until it is done.

    A quick victory gives me hope that my CCT Friends and Brothers will make it home safe and sound, as
    well as the rest of any American's brothers, sisters, dads, moms, uncles, aunts, etc. who are in
    harm's way.

    Puck the foliticians, they will be dealt with later by the appropriate authorities, whether it be by
    tribunal or the voice of the People.

    Taken in Fruita a few hours ago:

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/032303008.jpg

    JD

    Tags:

  2. "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | Yes, for a quick victory, hence the "V" sign displayed.
    |
    | It's already started and obviously will not stop until it is done.
    |
    | A quick victory gives me hope that my CCT Friends and Brothers will

    It's scary but I actually thought about you today (and I wasn't touchingmyself either).

    Saw one of the POWs briefly on the screen and remebered the story about your weeks in the mock POW
    camp in the PNW.

    I thought about the tough times ahead for the guy, who didn't have the benefit of the

    --
    Pete Fagerlin

    Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

  3. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > Yes, for a quick victory, hence the "V" sign displayed.
    >
    > It's already started and obviously will not stop until it is done.
    >
    > A quick victory gives me hope that my CCT Friends and Brothers will make it home safe and sound,
    > as well as the rest of any American's brothers, sisters, dads, moms, uncles, aunts, etc. who are
    > in harm's way.
    >
    > Puck the foliticians, they will be dealt with later by the appropriate authorities, whether it be
    > by tribunal or the voice of the People.
    >
    > Taken in Fruita a few hours ago:
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/032303008.jpg

    Looks like you've gained the 15 lbs back :)

    Bill "ditto the good wishes to come home safe and soon" S.

  4. JD says:

    >Yes, for a quick victory, hence the "V" sign displayed.

    JD, you have GOT to learn which way around the hand has to be for that. You're standing there giving
    some poor Brit the bird. The folded fingers have to be on the side FACING the other person. Sheesh!!

    Steve

  5. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > Yes, for a quick victory, hence the "V" sign displayed.
    >
    > It's already started and obviously will not stop until it is done.
    >
    > A quick victory gives me hope that my CCT Friends and Brothers will make it home safe and sound,
    > as well as the rest of any American's brothers, sisters, dads, moms, uncles, aunts, etc. who are
    > in harm's way.
    >
    > Puck the foliticians, they will be dealt with later by the appropriate authorities, whether it be
    > by tribunal or the voice of the People.
    >
    > Taken in Fruita a few hours ago:
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/032303008.jpg
    >
    > JD

    When the hell are we going to unleash the bigger bombs; this assassination of
    POW's/journalists is BS.
    --
    Slacker

  6. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Slacker wrote:

    > When the hell are we going to unleash the bigger bombs; this assassination of
    > POW's/journalists is BS.

    As much as I dislike war I can agree with that sentiment.

    Greg

  7. [email protected] (JD) wrote

    > A quick victory gives me hope that my CCT Friends and Brothers will make it home safe and sound,
    > as well as the rest of any American's brothers, sisters, dads, moms, uncles, aunts, etc. who are
    > in harm's way.
    >
    > Puck the foliticians, they will be dealt with later by the appropriate authorities, whether it be
    > by tribunal or the voice of the People.

    Right on.

    CC (Toronto)

  8. Jd

    Jd Guest

    > Looks like you've gained the 15 lbs back :)

    Only 5 so far. My gear was hanging off me like a scarecrow, which gives the illusion of me looking
    like a fat freerider. The SS says otherwise.

    JD

  9. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I thought about the tough times ahead for the guy, who didn't have the benefit of the

    Maybe the Army will incorporate a bit of that in basic training in the future. It's obviously needed
    for more than special ops and aircrews in this day and age.

    JD

  10. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    > Yes, for a quick victory, hence the "V" sign displayed.
    >
    > It's already started and obviously will not stop until it is done.
    >
    > A quick victory gives me hope that my CCT Friends and Brothers will make it home safe and sound,
    > as well as the rest of any American's brothers, sisters, dads, moms, uncles, aunts, etc. who are
    > in harm's way.
    >
    > Puck the foliticians, they will be dealt with later by the appropriate authorities, whether it be
    > by tribunal or the voice of the People.
    >
    > Taken in Fruita a few hours ago:
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/032303008.jpg
    >
    > JD

    LOL.. I'll do my part for victory later tonight. Amazing, but I'm still getting emails from an
    airbase in Kuwait. You'd think they'd be on blackout.

    Paladin Peace *follows* victory.

  11. Martees

    Martees Guest

    > Yes, for a quick victory, hence the "V" sign displayed.
    >
    > It's already started and obviously will not stop until it is done.
    >
    > A quick victory gives me hope that my CCT Friends and Brothers will make it home safe and sound,
    > as well as the rest of any American's brothers, sisters, dads, moms, uncles, aunts, etc. who are
    > in harm's way.
    >
    > Puck the foliticians, they will be dealt with later by the appropriate authorities, whether it be
    > by tribunal or the voice of the People.
    >
    > Taken in Fruita a few hours ago:
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/032303008.jpg
    >
    > JD

    The SOF are doing a job. It's a virtual free fire zone in the Medina Division AO. These monkies are
    putting commo in hospitals, AAA in mosques, and operating in civies. Oh btw, they are also
    "recruiting" true civilians by threatening to kill their families. What do you expect from this
    gang of punks.

    Regardles of the reason, we're there and I have many friends in harms way. The only way for them to
    get home is THROUGH Baghdad.

    SF

    Marty

  12. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:bff73eaa.03032[email protected]...
    > Yes, for a quick victory, hence the "V" sign displayed.
    >
    > It's already started and obviously will not stop until it is done.
    >
    > A quick victory gives me hope that my CCT Friends and Brothers will make it home safe and sound,
    > as well as the rest of any American's brothers, sisters, dads, moms, uncles, aunts, etc. who are
    > in harm's way.
    >
    > Puck the foliticians, they will be dealt with later by the appropriate authorities, whether it be
    > by tribunal or the voice of the People.
    >
    > Taken in Fruita a few hours ago:
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/032303008.jpg
    >
    > JD

    Well since I don't have an SS built up yet I just had to ski and then ride my FS for peace. Got a
    half-descent ride in last night up toward signal peak. That means Hartman's must be starting to dry
    out too...

    Matt (hoping for safe returns as well)

  13. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On 23 Mar 2003 18:05:44 -0800, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

    >Yes, for a quick victory, hence the "V" sign displayed.
    >
    >It's already started and obviously will not stop until it is done.
    >
    >A quick victory gives me hope that my CCT Friends and Brothers will make it home safe and sound, as
    >well as the rest of any American's brothers, sisters, dads, moms, uncles, aunts, etc. who are in
    >harm's way.
    >
    >Puck the foliticians, they will be dealt with later by the appropriate authorities, whether it be
    >by tribunal or the voice of the People.
    >
    >Taken in Fruita a few hours ago:
    >
    >http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/032303008.jpg
    >
    >JD

    Nice RR....steel hardtail....mm mm mm...

    :-]

  14. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > When the hell are we going to unleash the bigger bombs; this
    assassination of POW's/journalists is BS.
    > --
    > Slacker

    Hear, hear! Drop a few MOAB and get it overwith already.

    -John Morgan

  15. Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote

    > Nice RR....steel hardtail....mm mm mm...

    Steel? That baby's pure depleted uranium.

    CC

  16. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    MattB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Well since I don't have an SS built up yet I just had to ski and then ride my FS for peace. Got a
    > half-*descent* ride in last night *up* toward
    signal
    > peak. That means Hartman's must be starting to dry out too...

    It also means that Signal Peak musta become a dip......

    Shaun aRe been drinkin' beer and shaggin' fer peace (and fer fun too, of course).

  17. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    > MattB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >

    > > Well since I don't have an SS built up yet I just had to ski and then
    ride
    > > my FS for peace. Got a half-*descent* ride in last night *up* toward
    > signal
    > > peak. That means Hartman's must be starting to dry out too...
    >

    > It also means that Signal Peak musta become a dip......

    Well from the other side it is. Or would be...

    Matt (decent, descent, dissent...)

  18. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    MattB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > MattB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > > > Well since I don't have an SS built up yet I just had to ski and then
    > ride
    > > > my FS for peace. Got a half-*descent* ride in last night *up* toward
    > > signal
    > > > peak. That means Hartman's must be starting to dry out too...
    > >

    > > It also means that Signal Peak musta become a dip......
    > >

    > Well from the other side it is. Or would be...
    >
    > Matt (decent, descent, dissent...)

    Verpoor Matt, verpoor indeed .......',;~}

    Shaun aRe - disappointed....

  19. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    > MattB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...

    > > ride
    > > > signal
    > > >

    > > > It also means that Signal Peak musta become a dip......
    > > >

    > > Well from the other side it is. Or would be...
    > >
    > > Matt (decent, descent, dissent...)
    >
    > Verpoor Matt, verpoor indeed .......',;~}
    >
    > Shaun aRe - disappointed....

    Eh, it's the best I got right now. Having a three week old depriving me of sleep makes the brain a
    little slower. I'll be back in a few years...

    Matt

  20. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    MattB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > MattB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > then
    > > > ride

    > > > Well from the other side it is. Or would be...
    > > >
    > > > Matt (decent, descent, dissent...)
    > >
    > > Verpoor Matt, verpoor indeed .......',;~}
    > >
    > > Shaun aRe - disappointed....
    > >

    > Eh, it's the best I got right now. Having a three week old depriving me of sleep makes the brain a
    > little slower.

    Heheheheh - poor bugger! ',;~}

    > I'll be back in a few years...

    I'll be waiting......heheheheh......