Singletrack by train.

BLDR

Jul 31, 2003
Hey, I live in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne and don't have a car. I wanna do some singletrack but can't find any closeby (Whitehorse area) or near a station. Can anyone help me out. I heard there was a track in Studley Park... where abouts in studley park? All help greatly appreciated.

Thanx John.

Originally posted by BLDR
Hey, I live in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne and don't have a car. I wanna do some singletrack but can't find any closeby (Whitehorse area) or near a station. Can anyone help me out. I heard there was a track in Studley Park... where abouts in studley park? All help greatly appreciated.

Thanx John.
From Studley Park/Chandler Hwy bridge over the freeway.. if you follow the Eastern Freeway trail outbound, just by Burke Rd there is a little bridge across the river. This is where the Yarra Trail starts; however about 100 metres further outbound you'll start to notice little singletrack trail heads that go off and hug the edge of the river... these continue all the way to Westerfolds Park (16km or so each way)

Being along the riverside it's not hilly at all, but some parts are a little trickier than others.

Originally posted by rek
From Studley Park/Chandler Hwy bridge over the freeway.. if you follow the Eastern Freeway trail outbound, just by Burke Rd there is a little bridge across the river. This is where the Yarra Trail starts; however about 100 metres further outbound you'll start to notice little singletrack trail heads that go off and hug the edge of the river... these continue all the way to Westerfolds Park (16km or so each way)

Ok, which side of the Yarra? The little bridge is that footbridge just before Burke Rd, right? Do I cross it or just keep going? Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by BLDR
Ok, which side of the Yarra? The little bridge is that footbridge just before Burke Rd, right? Do I cross it or just keep going? Thanks for the help.

Good thing it's a boring Friday afternoon at work, here's a map :)

http://rek.go-dedicated.com/junk/yarra-trail.pdf (369KB)

This is all from memory so I may have missed a small section or two.

Also apologies about the compression of the image looking a little nasty, I couldn't be bothered optimising the PDF properly

Way to go!
Even with the pretty 2nd hand weather we had this weekend I took my Avanti Aggressor (2003) out Sunday morning. With all the rain Satruday it got pretty sloppy 3rd time round but it was bag of fun.
I think I only got as far as the Burke Rd bridge bit (from Fairfield), but there was 2 hrs of dirty fun right there, doing loops of some of the single tracks.
With the wet weather some of the roots covered in mud (or it that grease) & those little drop-a-ways got to be abit of a handful, but as one bloke I came across out there said : “it’s all good”.
And it was.

Marx748-AvantiDirty.jpg

:D :D :D

I just saw the map today, goin for a ride along it sumtime durin the holidays. Thanks.