Sinkewitz Gets 1 year Ban

docgtn

Aug 13, 2007
My question is this. Sinkewitz gets popped for testosterone, appeals for 9 months, finally says o.k. I actually did it, and not only that I have been cheating for the past 4 seasons and gets a 1 year ban. Other riders get caught and get 2 year bans which are actually 4 year bans because they can not sign with a pro tour team and he gets a 1 year ban. How on earth is that fair? He cheated he deserves to be gone. Where is the central governing body of cycling. Where is the uniformity in penalties. It is ridiculous that various cycling bodies do not penalize people the same.

docgtn said:
My question is this. Sinkewitz gets popped for testosterone, appeals for 9 months, finally says o.k. I actually did it, and not only that I have been cheating for the past 4 seasons and gets a 1 year ban. Other riders get caught and get 2 year bans which are actually 4 year bans because they can not sign with a pro tour team and he gets a 1 year ban. How on earth is that fair? He cheated he deserves to be gone. Where is the central governing body of cycling. Where is the uniformity in penalties. It is ridiculous that various cycling bodies do not penalize people the same.
He got a 1 year ban because he co-operated with the investigation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/cycling/7076902.stm

To quote:
<snip>
And the 27-year-old's co-operation with the enquiry helped ensure an expected two-year ban was reduced, though he was also fined 40,000 euros (£28,633).
<snip>
Chief state prosecutor Friedrich Apostel said: "Sinkewitz has already been sufficiently punished by the loss of his job and other sources of income.

"In addition, he has cooperated with the investigation and has given valuable statements about doping practices in professional cycling."