Sinkewitz is our next positive rider



Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Star

New Member
Jul 6, 2004
793
0
0
38
Tested positive for testosterone at a T-Mobile training camp in June. Immediately suspended by the team.

Ah we needed something to bring everything back down to earth I guess.
 

Rolfrae

New Member
Sep 15, 2006
983
0
0
Dead Star said:
Tested positive for testosterone at a T-Mobile training camp in June. Immediately suspended by the team.

Ah we needed something to bring everything back down to earth I guess.
Is this true? So his head butting an aged spectator and crashing out was just a ruse to get him away from the race and out of the spotlight when this news broke. Some people will go to any lengths. Did internal team controls or UCI controls catch him?
 

Dead Star

New Member
Jul 6, 2004
793
0
0
38
German T-Mobile rider Patrik Sinkewitz has tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone, the German cycling federation (BDR) have confirmed.
CYCLING 2007 Tour de France T-Mobile Sinkewitz - 0

Germany's National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) had informed the federation that a test on a first sample Sinkewitz gave on June 8 had shown increased levels of the hormone, the BDR confirmed.

The BDR said it would write to Sinkewitz and he would then have five days to decide whether or not to request a second sample given on June 8 be tested.

If that confirmed the positive result, the BDR would take the case to the federal court for sport, the federation added.

Sinkewitz earlier this week pulled out of the Tour de France with a broken nose and a shoulder injury after a collision with a spectator.

The 26-year-old rider is still receiving treatment in a hospital in Hamburg, the BDR said.
Eurosport
 

whiteboytrash

New Member
Mar 9, 2005
5,402
0
0
Dead Star said:
ZDF and ARD are now stopping their coverage of the Tour until further investigations.
Instead of showing the Tour regular programming will be replaced by a comedy bloopers show with the first segment being zany Germans who ride their bikes into dogs and innocent spectators...... will make riveting viewing.... who says the Germans don't have a sense of humour ?
 

Rolfrae

New Member
Sep 15, 2006
983
0
0
whiteboytrash said:
Instead of showing the Tour regular programming will be replaced by a comedy bloopers show with the first segment being zany Germans who ride their bikes into dogs and innocent spectators...... will make riveting viewing.... who says the Germans don't have a sense of humour ?
I do. My aunt is German and the only time I ever saw her laugh was to a dog-related joke - true.

This is a shame, after the good work Linus Gerdeman has done for cycling, just as well he had his day in yellow before the home channels pulled the plug and replaced him with Tante's Bloomers!
 

whiteboytrash

New Member
Mar 9, 2005
5,402
0
0
Rolfrae said:
I do. My aunt is German and the only time I ever saw her laugh was to a dog-related joke - true.

This is a shame, after the good work Linus Gerdeman has done for cycling, just as well he had his day in yellow before the home channels pulled the plug and replaced him with Tante's Bloomers!
Yeah Germans love their dog humour.... they love bringing dogs to restaurants, they encourage their dogs to hump their legs and they love wearing zany jumpers with knitted dogs on them.....
 

Gregers

New Member
Feb 1, 2007
534
0
0
65
But, when they find television coverage collapsing-which inevitably will lead to lower salaries come contract renewal time-they might finally realise that the crackdown is for real and mere posturing is not enough.
 

Rolfrae

New Member
Sep 15, 2006
983
0
0
whiteboytrash said:
Yeah Germans love their dog humour.... they love bringing dogs to restaurants, they encourage their dogs to hump their legs and they love wearing zany jumpers with knitted dogs on them.....
der Hund lief über die Straße!! Sahen Sie? :D
 

Rolfrae

New Member
Sep 15, 2006
983
0
0
Gregers said:
But, when they find television coverage collapsing-which inevitably will lead to lower salaries come contract renewal time-they might finally realise that the crackdown is for real and mere posturing is not enough.
No that Wesseman and Sink are out, is there anyone old-school German still doping? German cycling's problem lies in the doping on foreign riders now. When I think of German cycling now I think of Gerdeman, Ciolek, Wegman etc. These young guys will only pull German cycling back up if a clean and level-playing field allows them to win. Germans love winners, not losers, no matter how dope-free those losers might be. Germans also love funny dogs.
 

steve

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2001
5,276
394
83
Dead Star said:
Tested positive for testosterone at a T-Mobile training camp in June. Immediately suspended by the team.

Ah we needed something to bring everything back down to earth I guess.
By immediately suspended you mean??

cyclingnews.com - July 18 2007 said:
The 78-year-old man hospitalised in a coma after being struck by rider Patrik Sinkewitz was in a stable condition on Monday, a day after the accident in the Tour de France, news agency AFP reported.
Sinkewitz was riding to his hotel after Sunday's stage when he hit the Luxembourg men and also was taken to the hospital for stitches in his lower lip and right knee. He was released from hospital but forced to drop out of the race.

The incident revived concerns about safety in the race, which prides itself on the ability of spectators to get very close to the cyclists to cheer them on, with some even offering a push in support of the competitors.

"I think it needs to be looked at ... what contributed to the situation," said Bob Stapleton, manager of Sinkewitz's T-Mobile team. "This is just the difficulty of managing such a huge sporting event."

Mishaps with fans are nothing new.
 

Trev_S

New Member
Jan 24, 2004
479
0
0
Okay, silly question.
If Sinkewitz tested positive on June 8th (as reported) why was he allowed to start the tour? or should I say how come it took a month to test his sample?
 

Klodifan

New Member
Aug 26, 2006
730
0
0
The entire situation stinks! Why punish cycling enthusiasts who want to watch b/c of some bad apples. At least there are alternative sources for Le tour.
 

steve

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2001
5,276
394
83
Trev_S said:
Okay, silly question.
If Sinkewitz tested positive on June 8th (as reported) why was he allowed to start the tour? or should I say how come it took a month to test his sample?
That is how I read it, it's just typical behavior for cycling when you think about it.

Next people will be saying Voeckler has flats just to get on TV
 

Trev_S

New Member
Jan 24, 2004
479
0
0
funnily enough they said about a minute ago re:Voeckler dropping back to the team car for no reason, must be to get on TV.

:D :D

edit:aww **** your watching SBS as well. LoL
 

steve

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2001
5,276
394
83
Trev_S said:
funnily enough they said about a minute ago re:Voeckler dropping back to the team car for no reason, must be to get on TV.

:D :D

edit:aww **** your watching SBS as well. LoL
Yep, don't the stage re-caps **** you off?
 

Cobblestones

New Member
Jul 2, 2007
592
0
0
Trev_S said:
Okay, silly question.
If Sinkewitz tested positive on June 8th (as reported) why was he allowed to start the tour? or should I say how come it took a month to test his sample?
The problem is AFAIK (and I wanted to discuss this in Dr. House's thread '51 blood tests...' but it was unfortunately closed, and anyway, too many tin foil hats in there), that most tests take time. What can be checked fast and reliably is (AFAIK) the hematocrit level, and I think that was the test which they reported on (meaning all 51 riders were below 50, but they don't make any statement how they might have arrived at, say 48.5).

Other tests are more involved. For instance hematocrit=/=artificial oxygen carriers such as Hemopure (commonly called 'cow blood') or Polyheme (which is produced from human blood). I'm not even sure they (can) test for those things. Then there's all the steroids such as testosteron etc. And don't forget the presence of possible masking agents. There's a reason Landis rode to Paris last year. Some tests simply take time.

I would guess that they have to check the B sample now, but they might only check for the T/E ratio. Then WADA would have to argue that the T is exogenous (hard to test) and so on. It could drag out (as always).

So, does that mean Sinkewitz'll have to pay one year of his salary? And tough luck for the German viewers. Although I have no delusions about a clean TdF this year, I'd rather see it than not.
 

jsull14

New Member
Nov 26, 2005
244
2
0
umm, perhaps an embarrassing question here, but what does inflated testosterone do for a cyclist? I understand what more red blood cells mean, but not testosterone.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.