sinus massage

M&B

Guest
hey group, my wife, myself and my son(8yrs.) suffer from sinus trouble through the year. even though
we take sinus medications, there are times when nothing seems to help. i've heard that the sinus
passages in the face and on the back of the head can be massaged to relieve pressure and discomfort
but we're not sure of the proper places on the head. some of the places on the face are rather
obvious but how do i locate the ones on the back of the head and how long should they be rubbed or
worked and how much pressure is needed to relieve the discomfort. i know i shouldn't push so hard
that it is painful, but i just don't want to lightly rub the areas and not do anything to free up
the clogged passages. also in which order should they be worked? do you work from the face to the
back of the head or the opposite? also, this might sound stupid but is it ok to let someone fall
asleep when this is being done. thanks for any help.

mike..........

Your best bet Mike is to first see a professional therapist who specializes or knows how to perform
a sinus massage. This way you could experience and ask questions first hand. Then you would most
likely know how to work on your family.

I think the areas of interest that you speak of to work on sinus problems are accupressure points.
They are actually found all over the body, but specific ones are definitely for sinus problems.
Example, some are below and towards the cheek bones. Usually you would apply pressure tolerable to
the person being worked on. The time spent on the area is determined by when the tenderness
diminishes.

As for sleeping, its ok.

I hope this helps out some. But definitely schedule a session with a
LMT. Good luck!

L.N. , CMT, LMT

In addition to the other suggestions you got, you might want to try a good chiropractor...strange as
it seems, there are some manipulations in the mouth that help as well.

Point B-2 is at the upper outer indention of the orbit of the eye, where the bridge of the nose
meets the ridge of the eyebrows. St-3 is at the bottom of the cheekbone, below the pupil. Lv-3 is
on the top of the foot, in the valley between the first and second toe. This is the foot equivalent
of the Ho-Ku point on the hand. Both these points are forbidden for women that are pregnant, as
they can cause premature uterine contractions. These 4 points also happen to be included for
headaches as well. Also, in foot reflexology, the big toe is seen as the head, and the toes are
further amplifications of it, and firm massage of them is indicated for the sinuses. As always,
your mileage may vary.

news.ops.worldnet.att.net...