Six Nations : Who'll win in 2005 ?

MountainPro said:
judging by Ireland's recent performance i dont think they'll have much trouble against France.

never count the French out !

Scotland got their season off, Pro ?
Good to see the Scots winning : I always rated Simon Taylor as a good player.
Patterson played well too.

Wales/Scotland matches were always great to watch - always very high scoring
games.

MountainPro said:
I know this guy!, this is wee Pancho from Dirty Sanchez....heez always doing **** like that....you could learn a lot from the boyos..

yep, a bunch or real men down in Wales...whip the bollocks off then down the pub for 20 pints...nae botha..
Looks like you owe me fiver.

ALAN OBRIEN said:
LIMERICKMAN, DO YOU REALLY HAVE TO ASK? SURELY, EVERYONE KNOWS IRELAND HAVE IT IN THE BAG AT THIS STAGE. :) :)
At least Ireland looked like rugby players, and not a bunch of West End chorus boys.
Look Alan the bike racing season has started and we want you on the XES board

limerickman said:
never count the French out !

Scotland got their season off, Pro ?
Good to see the Scots winning : I always rated Simon Taylor as a good player.
Patterson played well too.

Wales/Scotland matches were always great to watch - always very high scoring
games.
Don't take the mick out of jock. I told them to play Gaby Logan.
Come on Lim, he's our friend. Anyway he owes me a fiver and a pneumatic sauce dispenser. At least I know where he lives. The Navy from Faslane are surrounding the place as I speak.

limerickman said:
I was fortunate enough to be at Landsdowne Road yesterday to see Ireland beat England 19-13.
It was a great specatacle - two nervous teams out there.

Ireland's try was very good.
I thought some of the referreing decisions were strange (for both sides).
How did it look on TV ?

The Wales France match was superb - on Saturday, wasn't it ?
France were superb in the first half - then Wales came back and did even better.
Scotland got their result against Italy.

I just hope Ireland can hold out against France in two weeks time - and then on to the Millenium for a showdown with Wales.

It's been great to see flowing rugby again.
I can't for the life of me understand why in the latter stages England kick a goal instead of going for a try and a conversion, it was just a bit of last attempt bravado.
The referee couldn't do anything else because there was no evidence of the ball being grounded, or otherwise. Therefore retain the status quo says Justice Fred.

FredC said:
I can't for the life of me understand why in the latter stages England kick a goal instead of going for a try and a conversion, it was just a bit of last attempt bravado.
The referee couldn't do anything else because there was no evidence of the ball being grounded, or otherwise. Therefore retain the status quo says Justice Fred.

I thought that there was a wrong decision by the ref : England got over the Ireland line and appeared to ground the ball but the ref ruled that the five yard scrum was for Ireland.
The rule is that the team going forward - get the put in at the scrum.

It was a let off for Ireland.

Hodgson played well I thought - his goalkicking was good.
Some of the kicking out of hand wasn't great but I don't think he had a bad match.
Corry played well for Eng.

Strange hearing God Save the Queen being sung at Landsdowne Road.
You know that Landsdowne is being refitted for the next few years - so they have to find somewhere else to hold the home matches.

Across the city, the GAA (Gaelic Athletic Assoc) have a stadium that would put the Nou Camp and any other stadia, to shame.
The only problem is that the GAA - who run the traditional Irish games of Hurling and Gaelic Football - won't allow any foreign games to be played there. So no soccer, rugby for example.
Strangely they allow American football - teams from the USA to play there.
How more foreign can American football be ?
So as it stands the likes of Roy Keane, Damian Duff, Brian O Driscoll, can't play there, but someone from Notre Dame University football team can !

When UEFA came to ireland to view it's bid for Euro 2006, Sepp Blatter on visiting Croke Park, said it was the finest stadium he was ever in.
But the GAA only admitted him to see the ground, out of courtesy !

FredC said:
Don't take the mick out of jock. I told them to play Gaby Logan.
Come on Lim, he's our friend. Anyway he owes me a fiver and a pneumatic sauce dispenser. At least I know where he lives. The Navy from Faslane are surrounding the place as I speak.
thats right...pick on the underdog...

you dont have a clue where i live Fred...(despite what you think).

i owe you a fiver because i bet that scotland would win outright..***********, how could i fall for that old chestnut?

gimme your email addy and i'll pass the monies to you via paypal..

MountainPro said:
thats right...pick on the underdog...

you dont have a clue where i live Fred...(despite what you think).

i owe you a fiver because i bet that scotland would win outright..***********, how could i fall for that old chestnut?

gimme your email addy and i'll pass the monies to you via paypal..

By the way, I wasn't having a go at you when I said that I was happy to see Scotland win (I don't know where Fred got the impression that I was having a go at Scotland).

I am originally from the province of Leinster (Dublin) and Matt Williams, the current Scottish coach, was the coach of Leinster before taking up the Scotland job, so I would like to see him do well with Scotland (although he's been getting some awful press since, hasn't he ?).

limerickman said:
By the way, I wasn't having a go at you when I said that I was happy to see Scotland win (I don't know where Fred got the impression that I was having a go at Scotland).

I am originally from the province of Leinster (Dublin) and Matt Williams, the current Scottish coach, was the coach of Leinster before taking up the Scotland job, so I would like to see him do well with Scotland (although he's been getting some awful press since, hasn't he ?).
Dont worry lim, i was just kidding.

yeah Matt Williams is under a lot of pressure but he inherited a team that hasnt had much success for a while. He should be given some time to build a solid team. This cant be done overnight.

Hopefully Scotland can relive the glory days (i am assuming there were glory days) of the past.

Fred got a lucky escape...very lucky indeed. He almost needed to remortgage the house to give me my dues...

The sauce dispencer is in the bin...i have been waiting for the lazy basturd to pick it up for months now...even when he is in my country he avoids me.

ALAN OBRIEN said:
LIMERICKMAN, DO YOU REALLY HAVE TO ASK? SURELY, EVERYONE KNOWS IRELAND HAVE IT IN THE BAG AT THIS STAGE. :) :)
Bag of what? Well hard luck today, but all is not lost just yet. Best Mate won't be running in the Cheltenham Gold Cup, so this is a big chance for Beef or Salmon. Be Jasus, they'll be a bigger shout if he gets home. 7-1 on Betfair at the minute, now that's worth a little punt. Then you've got Baracouda, Hardy Eustace, and Moscow Flyer.

FredC said:
Bag of what? Well hard luck today, but all is not lost just yet. Best Mate won't be running in the Cheltenham Gold Cup, so this is a big chance for Beef or Salmon. Be Jasus, they'll be a bigger shout if he gets home. 7-1 on Betfair at the minute, now that's worth a little punt. Then you've got Baracouda, Hardy Eustace, and Moscow Flyer.

In the bag of shite.
The better team won, Fred.
Can't have any complaints - the French roasted us and they deserved to win.
I warned Alan and Pro about those damned Frenchies.
We were always likely to burst.

Off to see the Ras Limni in a few minutes.
Nice circuit race out the road here - one Ciaran Power is taking part.
He finished 13th in Athens in the r/r.

Cancellara for the P-N ?
Julich ?

I see the message board is still in deep freeze on the other side.

i dont want to talk about rugby any more...or matt williams for that matter.

well, i will say one thing though....go easy on us England..eh? for ***** sake.

bye

can anyone else here remember england a couple of years ago suggesting they link up with the southern hemisphere teams to form their own, top tier competition? wasn't this because the other teams weren't deemed good enough to play against them? where are they this year?
great then that this thread has mostly mentioned the celtic nations!

ps. bet woodward still picks mostly english players for the lions.

come on Wales, let's make it 5 from 5.

stairdiver said:
can anyone else here remember england a couple of years ago suggesting they link up with the southern hemisphere teams to form their own, top tier competition? wasn't this because the other teams weren't deemed good enough to play against them? where are they this year?
great then that this thread has mostly mentioned the celtic nations!

ps. bet woodward still picks mostly english players for the lions.

come on Wales, let's make it 5 from 5.

Indeed I do remember - what was the phrase "France and England are in tier
one of the Six Nations and the rest are a division below" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you think Wales will beat us Irish on Saturday ?
I would have no difficulty with Wales winning a grand slam.
It is great that your country - a traditional rugby country - seems to be back
to it's best.
I'm old enough to remember Edwards, JPR, Gerald Davies, JJ, Pontypool Frontrow, Alan Martin, Geoff Wheel, mervyn Davies..

But I think Ireland is the sort of team which could upset Wales on Sat.
As I say I wouldn't begrudge Wales.
We thought that we'd beat the French and setup a decider in Cardiff, last weekend.

May the best team win.

Me too. remember as a kid growing up in the 70's all the great names in Welsh rugby. perhaps we're back on the scene again now, but still a way to go yet. think Ruddock's a good man for the job though and think we could be a major player in the next world cup.
if Wales win tomorrow, we'll leapfrog over both Ireland and england i the world rankings too! now there's a thought.
good luck Wales, good luck Ireland, let's have a good running game to end the tournament. may the best team win, just hope it's us.
have a good day tomorrow limerickman.

oh yes, come on the Jocks, shove it up 'em. Calcutta Cup time.

stairdiver said:
Me too. remember as a kid growing up in the 70's all the great names in Welsh rugby. perhaps we're back on the scene again now, but still a way to go yet. think Ruddock's a good man for the job though and think we could be a major player in the next world cup.
if Wales win tomorrow, we'll leapfrog over both Ireland and england i the world rankings too! now there's a thought.
good luck Wales, good luck Ireland, let's have a good running game to end the tournament. may the best team win, just hope it's us.
have a good day tomorrow limerickman.

oh yes, come on the Jocks, shove it up 'em. Calcutta Cup time.

I think it will be a good game - the sets of backs, running.
Looking forward to it.
may the best team win !

limerickman said:
I think it will be a good game - the sets of backs, running.
Looking forward to it.
may the best team win !

Im in a drunken stat writing this, but as I posted before....Wales for the grand slam.....Played very szoon and they will have to be at thier best but I believe this team has alot more to offer over the next few years while Ireland is perhaps asgood as it will ever be (sorry Lim). Wales scares me as much as SA does (another team on the rise nationaly if not regionaly) for the world cup, England are gone, france are over the top of thier peak as is Aussie and thier is no one else (sorry again Lim). 2007 will be wales NZ and SA fighting. The up coming lions tour will be a joke thoug, you guys are for the sword, 150 000 seats in the ballet and 86 ooo aplied for them, thats how confident we are that you guys wont fire.

Well done to Wales - fully deserved victory against Ireland and the best team in the 6 nations by far.
I thought Wales fully deserved their win today.

Our players looked tired and did not play well enough to be considered as the best team.

As regards the All Blacks for the upcoming series - I think the All Blacks will win it easily (there you are Fix, I admit it).
I can't see the New Zealanders having any sleepless nights about the British & Irish Lions party.
Looking forward to the test series though.