six seater

mewthree wrote:
> what is a bike called with six seats?

Too big?

Sexdam I guess. I wouldn't want to try asking for one in a bike shop though!

Jon

>what is a bike called with six seats?

complicated.

Cheers, helen s

h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

Jon Senior wrote:
> I wouldn't want to try asking for one in a bike shop though!

It's bad enough asking for nipples after you've bought all the spokes
to make up a wheel.

mewthree wrote:
> what is a bike called with six seats?

Depends...

if they're all in a line one behind the other, it's a tandem sextuplet.

mewthree wrote:
> what is a bike called with six seats?

If you ride one, it's called what you call it ;-)

If it's a Thorn it could Me 'n' You Five ('Come on Dad! Faster! Faster!').

If it's all in line few would argue against sextuplet tandem, likewise
sextuplet sociable for all abreast. But how about the other combos?
For example two rows of three?
--

Richard

--------------------

Individual replies to [email protected]

less the Misdirections (and note the underscore after r246)

mewthree wrote:
> what is a bike called with six seats?

Anything you like, (s)he can't hear you.
no, hang on, I think i've got that mixed up

best wishes
james

mewthree wrote:
> what is a bike called with six seats?

Got me onto my usual train of mad thoughts... how easy would it be to
manufacture an articulated tandem? Or failing that, a mechanism for
converting two bikes into one?

(I can't imagine that the second option would be easy, else we would have
seen more of it about.)

mewthree wrote:
> what is a bike called with six seats?

long

On Sun, 2004-12-19 at 22:04 +0000, Epetruk wrote:
> mewthree wrote:
> > what is a bike called with six seats?

> Got me onto my usual train of mad thoughts... how easy would it be to
> manufacture an articulated tandem? Or failing that, a mechanism for
> converting two bikes into one?

Easy - but you have to join the Dark Side.

http://www.liegeraeder.de/liegerad/Kettweisel__108/kettweisel__108.html

Coupling bracket to join two Kettweisels together.
The front wheel of the second one is removed.

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 22:42:20 +0000, Gonzalez
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 21:47:49 +0000, Not Responding <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>
>>Flipping through the usual unfunnies, I came across this cycling must-see:
>>
>>http://www.office-humour.co.uk/item.cfm?itm=1955

>Is that just outside Paris Gare du Nord?

No, the Gare du Nord looks like this
<http://www.carinzia.net/imagesf/DSCN1618.jpg>.

If you notice, the Lexus poster is in German and the buses do not look
very Parisien.

--
Dave...

Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live. - Mark Twain

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 02:47:28 GMT, Dave Kahn <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 22:42:20 +0000, Gonzalez
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 21:47:49 +0000, Not Responding <[email protected]>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Flipping through the usual unfunnies, I came across this cycling must-see:
>>>
>>>http://www.office-humour.co.uk/item.cfm?itm=1955

>>Is that just outside Paris Gare du Nord?

>No, the Gare du Nord looks like this
><http://www.carinzia.net/imagesf/DSCN1618.jpg>.
>
>If you notice, the Lexus poster is in German and the buses do not look
>very Parisien.

Barely a passing resemblance, then!

Never mind, I'm off to Kiev this morning, so I won't read any follow
ups further embarrassing myself!