Six Six One pad coments

Status
Not open for further replies.
penny s wrote:

>>Explains what? Company Xmas party - the weirdest things I've ever seen...
>
>
> do tell... it can't be more OT than half the drivel on this ng...

Only in Germany. They hired this band, who came on stage in full-on black leotards with cowboy
boots, the most enormous sequined bell bottoms, matching belts and matching sequined v-necked
shoulder pads. They then proceeded to play a load of German songs (which is a great idea when half
your audience doesn't speak German) in a variety of different hats (Russian, Pirate, Viking, etc). I
had to keep on asking people if they'd spiked my drinks. I seriously thought I was on acid.
Whatever, I'm still going to need counselling...

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 02:56:49 GMT, "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote:

Dude, that sig is killin' me....but hey just you remember, Paybacks are a biaaatch!

Later, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind
should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
:-]

bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> > On the knee pads, the top tabs don't matter too much as there are 2 good wide velcro straps that
> > go round your calf muscles and keep the pad from slipping, but on the elbow pads, this leaves
> > just one wide strap holding it and it slips down my arm on the downhills.
>
> Rector Fat Boys.

They any good for heavy flows days?

Shaun aRe

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:45:41 +0000, penny s wrote: <snip>

>>
> so call the company and see if you can return them for repair/replacement. Or have a qualified
> repair person ( or your mom) sew them back on. Duct tape works in a pinch too.

You are quite right about getting them replaced - it's just a question of finding the time to make a
trip back to the LBS (an hour and a half away) and get them swapped :)

>
>> On the knee pads, the top tabs don't matter too much as there are 2 good wide velcro straps that
>> go round your calf muscles and keep the pad from slipping, but on the elbow pads, this leaves
>> just one wide strap holding it and it slips down my arm on the downhills.
>>
>> Sam.
>
> Penny S
>
> --
> Specialty Outdoors Modification & Repair of Outdoor Gear & Clothing Factory Authorized by The
> North Face www.specialtyoutdoors.com/whatis.htm

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:45:41 +0000, penny s wrote: <snip>
>
> >>
> > so call the company and see if you can return them for repair/replacement. Or have a qualified
> > repair person ( or your mom) sew them back on. Duct tape works in a pinch too.
>
> You are quite right about getting them replaced - it's just a question of finding the time to make
> a trip back to the LBS (an hour and a half away) and get them swapped :)

Poor quality or not I found their sizing must be for Korean children. I ordered their largest shin
pads and I could bearly get the velcro to make contact. Of course as soon as I flexed those girlie
calves of mine the pads just poped right off.
--

"2trax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:45:41 +0000, penny s wrote: <snip>
>
> >>
> > so call the company and see if you can return them for repair/replacement. Or have a qualified
> > repair person ( or your mom) sew them back on. Duct tape works in a pinch too.
>
> You are quite right about getting them replaced - it's just a question of finding the time to make
> a trip back to the LBS (an hour and a half away) and get them swapped :)

phone/ mail?

"bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Andy Chequer wrote:
>
> >>I've ridden with a few bad ass XC riders. After a good number of beers and a curry afterwards to
> >>top it all off, some of them can stink out fairly large areas of woodland.
> >
> >
> > Where do I get the feeling that was aimed at me......
>
> Because you smell.

Ooh *****y.

> > Andy "Chicken Jalfrezi, Pilau Rice, Keema Naaan and a pint of Best
please"
> > Chequer
>
> *****. I'll have a chicken vindaloo

Tcah! The showman's curry. Why not just have the Fahl and be done with it?Next!

, pilau rice, a garlic naan and
> seven pints of Kingfisher.

If I drank that much fizzy beer I'd explode. And you don't want that. You really don't want that.

Andy Chequer

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> > On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:45:41 >
> Poor quality or not I found their sizing must be for Korean children. I ordered their largest shin
> pads and I could bearly get the velcro to make contact. Of course as soon as I flexed those girlie
> calves of mine the pads just poped right off.
> --

different strokes girly one: I had to try on many brands to find some that weren't too long ( for
basketball legs) or too big around. <g>

penny

"penny s" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> "2trax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
> > On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:45:41 +0000, penny s wrote: <snip>
> >
> > >>
> > > so call the company and see if you can return them for repair/replacement. Or have a qualified
> > > repair person ( or your mom)
sew
> > > them back on. Duct tape works in a pinch too.
> >
> > You are quite right about getting them replaced - it's just a question
of
> > finding the time to make a trip back to the LBS (an hour and a half
away)
> > and get them swapped :)
>
> phone/ mail?

Penny 'no excuses' S

Andy Chequer wrote:

>>>Where do I get the feeling that was aimed at me......
>>
>>Because you smell.
>
>
> Ooh *****y.

Actually, I think there was supposed to be a question mark at the end of that...

>>>Andy "Chicken Jalfrezi, Pilau Rice, Keema Naaan and a pint of Best
>>
> please"
>
>>>Chequer
>>
>>*****. I'll have a chicken vindaloo
>
>
> Tcah! The showman's curry. Why not just have the Fahl and be done with it?Next!

Because fahls don't really have any taste. Actually, I tend to have Madras', if anything.

> , pilau rice, a garlic naan and
>
>>seven pints of Kingfisher.
>
>
> If I drank that much fizzy beer I'd explode.

Oh, come now, seven pints won't make you explode. Besides, you've only just finished being
a student.

And you don't want that. You
> really don't want that.

Yes, I could see why that would be a bad thing.

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm

b.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

"Andy Chequer" <bicycle.repair.man@(removethisbittosend)secretworldgovernment.org> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> If I drank that much fizzy beer I'd explode. And you don't want that. You really don't want that.
>
> Andy Chequer
>

I thought that's what this thread was all about. High compression food.

Mike

bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> penny s wrote:
>
> >>Explains what? Company Xmas party - the weirdest things I've ever
seen...
> >
> >
> > do tell... it can't be more OT than half the drivel on this ng...
>
> Only in Germany. They hired this band, who came on stage in full-on black leotards with cowboy
> boots, the most enormous sequined bell bottoms, matching belts and matching sequined v-necked
> shoulder pads.

So you blended right in then.

> They then proceeded to play a load of German songs (which is a great idea when half your audience
> doesn't speak German) in a variety of different hats (Russian, Pirate, Viking, etc). I had to keep
> on asking people if they'd spiked my drinks. I seriously thought I was on acid. Whatever, I'm
> still going to need counselling...

Heheheheheh - ****ing excellent. Ya can't invent entertainment like that - it's purely
organic, heheheh.

Shaun aRe wishing he'd seen that.

"bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> penny s wrote:
>
> >>Explains what? Company Xmas party - the weirdest things I've ever
seen...
> >
> >
> > do tell... it can't be more OT than half the drivel on this ng...
>
> Only in Germany. They hired this band, who came on stage in full-on black leotards with cowboy
> boots, the most enormous sequined bell bottoms, matching belts and matching sequined v-necked
> shoulder pads. They then proceeded to play a load of German songs (which is a great idea when half
> your audience doesn't speak German) in a variety of different hats (Russian, Pirate, Viking, etc).
> I had to keep on asking people if they'd spiked my drinks. I seriously thought I was on acid.
> Whatever, I'm still going to need counselling...
>

Ohhhhhh <shudder> that could do damage. I think that's what happened to the band U2. They spent some
time in Berlin a few years ago and have been fooked ever since.

Mike

Shaun Rimmer wrote:

>>>do tell... it can't be more OT than half the drivel on this ng...
>>
>>Only in Germany. They hired this band, who came on stage in full-on black leotards with cowboy
>>boots, the most enormous sequined bell bottoms, matching belts and matching sequined v-necked
>>shoulder pads.
>
>
> So you blended right in then.

In hindsight, the leather hot pants weren't such a good idea...

>>They then proceeded to play a load of German songs (which is a great idea when half your audience
>>doesn't speak German) in a variety of different hats (Russian, Pirate, Viking, etc). I had to keep
>>on asking people if they'd spiked my drinks. I seriously thought I was on acid. Whatever, I'm
>>still going to need counselling...
>
>
> Heheheheheh - ****ing excellent. Ya can't invent entertainment like that - it's purely organic,
> heheheh.

I've spoken to colleagues this morning, and if it was drugs, we were all on the same trip.

> Shaun aRe wishing he'd seen that.

All the non-Germans are still saying it's possibly the strangest thing they've ever seen. The
German's didn't bat an eyelid because, "ve have zis sort of zing on television all ze time". Batty.

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm

b.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

Jonathan Harris <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> >>>do tell... it can't be more OT than half the drivel on this ng...
> >>
> >>Only in Germany. They hired this band, who came on stage in full-on black leotards with cowboy
> >>boots, the most enormous sequined bell bottoms, matching belts and matching sequined v-necked
> >>shoulder pads.
> >
> >
> > So you blended right in then.
>
> In hindsight, the leather hot pants weren't such a good idea...

Heheheheheh....oh ****....nearly lost my lunch.........

> >>They then proceeded to play a load of German songs (which is a great idea when half your
> >>audience doesn't speak German) in a variety of different hats (Russian, Pirate, Viking, etc). I
> >>had to keep on asking people if they'd spiked my drinks. I seriously thought I was on acid.
> >>Whatever, I'm still going to need counselling...
> >
> >
> > Heheheheheh - ****ing excellent. Ya can't invent entertainment like
that -
> > it's purely organic, heheheh.
>
> I've spoken to colleagues this morning, and if it was drugs, we were all on the same trip.

It must be the water.....

> > Shaun aRe wishing he'd seen that.
>
> All the non-Germans are still saying it's possibly the strangest thing they've ever seen.
> The German's didn't bat an eyelid because, "ve have zis sort of zing on television all ze
> time". Batty.

Ther's summat peculiar up with them there Jarmuns. They had some on EuTr last night, in some stupid
outfits, being inetnsely 'humorous'.

Insane......

Shaun aRe

Status
Not open for further replies.