Six13 vs. Lemond Tete de Course

larrynipon

Sep 17, 2003
Have been on my Lemond for 2 seasons, and still love it, BUT...
I just took a brief ride on a Six13 Team, and it climbs like nothing I've ever ridden.
Is the difference between Ti and Aluminum, combined with the Six13 geometry having that much of an impact, or do I just want a new bike?

All opinions and experiences welcome...

larrynipon said:
Have been on my Lemond for 2 seasons, and still love it, BUT...
I just took a brief ride on a Six13 Team, and it climbs like nothing I've ever ridden.
Is the difference between Ti and Aluminum, combined with the Six13 geometry having that much of an impact, or do I just want a new bike?

All opinions and experiences welcome...
Euphoria is more likely it.

That six 13 is a nice bike. but have you seen its replacement- the series six.

saw one at the dealer the other day- (in your worst itallian voice-)

"that's-a one-a spicey -a- meat-a-ball!"

seriously tho- the entire front is now carbon- apparently, only six sheets used in the whole thing. the top tube is so thin its SCARY:eek:

i just got a new bike in Feb, and even i was looking at it thinking....

that being said- you asked about the six13. great bike. light, very lively, a friend of mine has one and i can attest that it is an amazing machine.

and yeah, after two some years... treat yourself.

nothing, and i mean nothing is like a new bike.

my $.02

schmuzzy said:
That six 13 is a nice bike. but have you seen its replacement- the series six.
I recently bought a six13 with the Shimano compact crank.
The series six looks to be even more impressive.

The kicker here is I'm getting the Six13 Team1 Dura-Ace for 3500. I couldn't turn it down. I'm going to swap out an FSA Carbon Compact from my Tete and throw it on the Six.

6TC1Drep.jpg

flyimage.aspx

Felt_Rider said:
I recently bought a six13 with the Shimano compact crank.
The series six looks to be even more impressive.

I own and ride a 2006 six13 Team Dura-Ace and I love it. I use to ride Trek 2300 full Ultegra for the past two years and in the first week with de C’dale I broke ALL my best times at different hills that I had chrono before, the gaining was amazing.

At the flats I broke my previous marks too, but the difference was not so impressive, in this area, the difference was in the comfort area, this bike it's so easy with your body and it not lose any rigidity or sprinting capacities if you like to pedal hard.
Just my 1.99 cents :)

Well, for a guy whose english is not the primary, you got your messge across better than most! Seriously though, you pretty much confirmed my initial impressions about the bike...TREMENDOUS climber, and as good as anything else out there at everything else. It's not a REVOLUTIONARY jump from the Tete, but it is Evolutionary. It's simply a tighter all-around experience, so far in my opinion.

cuervo said:
I own and ride a 2006 six13 Team Dura-Ace and I love it. I use to ride Trek 2300 full Ultegra for the past two years and in the first week with de C’dale I broke ALL my best times at different hills that I had chrono before, the gaining was amazing.

At the flats I broke my previous marks too, but the difference was not so impressive, in this area, the difference was in the comfort area, this bike it's so easy with your body and it not lose any rigidity or sprinting capacities if you like to pedal hard.
Just my 1.99 cents :)

larrynipon said:
Well, for a guy whose english is not the primary, you got your messge across better than most! Seriously though, you pretty much confirmed my initial impressions about the bike...TREMENDOUS climber, and as good as anything else out there at everything else. It's not a REVOLUTIONARY jump from the Tete, but it is Evolutionary. It's simply a tighter all-around experience, so far in my opinion.

Thanks for your comments, I do my best.

About the frame, yes, I think we agree about the overall characteristics of the six13, amazing climber and a excellent all around.

Here it's a pic of myself at yesterday's Criteriums, me and the six13 are pulling the pack.

So...
was that the 1st lap, ...or the last :D
Where was the race?

cuervo said:
Thanks for your comments, I do my best.

About the frame, yes, I think we agree about the overall characteristics of the six13, amazing climber and a excellent all around.

Here it's a pic of myself at yesterday's Criteriums, me and the six13 are pulling the pack.

Get a new full carbon LeMond. My lbs said they ride GREAT. Obviously I can't say from experience cuz they're not on the market yet, but I've heard all around good things about them. That way you stay on the same geometry too.

larrynipon said:
So...
was that the 1st lap, ...or the last :D
Where was the race?

12 laps down, 2 to go.

It was the final race of Monterrey (Mexico) 2006 Criteriums circuit, hard race but I really enjoyed. The circuit was at San Pedro area.

Do you get into races?