Size issue for a friendly budget bike

tdcadillac

Jul 1, 2020
Hello All,

this bike is budget friendly ($1450 USD). It has decent features but the crankset is not shimano and the brakes are not Tektro but I find it has most of what I need without putting high pressure to find a perfect bike.

the only thing is I can not ride it as it is 3000 km away. They have it on size 56 (1.75cm to 1.83). I am 183 cm so at the end of the edge. Any rider in my height that has try the 56 on this bike?

https://www.specialized.com/ca/en/allez-elite/p/171313?color=274140-171313&searchText=90020-4244

Thank you

Height alone is a poor number for bike sizing.
There are bike fit calculators that do a slightly better job, but they can’t account for preference and personal features.
I have reduced lower back flexibility and ”can’t” ride my size, it puts the bar too far ahead unless I use a really stubby stem.
”Brakes are not Tektro” doesn’t say much. Tektro brakes are generally decent, but offers no bragging points.
”Crankset not Shimano” wouldn’t bother me either.
Chainrings do wear as you pile on the mileage, and the price difference between a set of rings and a full crankset on sale is usually small.
If by any chance you do find a real reason to be unhappy with your crank, mileage will eventually offer a replacement opportunity.

Try finding a model in the same size closer to home, and test ride that.

Reactions: tdcadillac
Height alone is a poor number for bike sizing.
There are bike fit calculators that do a slightly better job, but they can’t account for preference and personal features.
I have reduced lower back flexibility and ”can’t” ride my size, it puts the bar too far ahead unless I use a really stubby stem.
”Brakes are not Tektro” doesn’t say much. Tektro brakes are generally decent, but offers no bragging points.
”Crankset not Shimano” wouldn’t bother me either.
Chainrings do wear as you pile on the mileage, and the price difference between a set of rings and a full crankset on sale is usually small.
If by any chance you do find a real reason to be unhappy with your crank, mileage will eventually offer a replacement opportunity.

Try finding a model in the same size closer to home, and test ride that.
Thank you very much. I will try to go rent a bike and hopefully i can find a the same or close bike on rent

Hey there! That's awesome that you're looking to rent a bike. Renting is a great way to try out different bikes and see what works best for you. I'm sure you'll find one that's similar or even better than the one you had. Let me know if you need any help or advice with finding a rental. Happy cycling!