size matters?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Johnny B, Mar 31, 2003.

  1. Johnny B

    Johnny B Guest

    I thought i posted this today, obviously not

    Would an 18" cinder cone be suitable for someone just under 6' or should I get a 19" ??

    Tags:

  2. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Johnny B wrote:
    > I thought i posted this today, obviously not
    >
    > Would an 18" cinder cone be suitable for someone just under 6' or should I get a 19" ??

    how does it fit?

  3. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    In a brief moment of lucidity Johnny B scribbled:

    > I thought i posted this today, obviously not

    You did, at 15.22 .. ;)

    > Would an 18" cinder cone be suitable for someone just under 6' or should I get a 19" ??

    Which fits you best ? Leg length is as important as overall height.

    --

    Completed 1550 Seti work units in 11699 hours http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

  4. Jim Lyons

    Jim Lyons Guest

    I am 6' 1" and ride a 19" trek. Until I bought the 19 I rode 18s and felt as if I was leaning over
    the handle bars way too much. I love the 19" just it felt wierd when i first got it. Almost like it
    was too big. Not a problem now though.

    "Johnny B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > I thought i posted this today, obviously not
    >
    > Would an 18" cinder cone be suitable for someone just under 6' or should
    > get a 19" ??

  5. Lightweight

    Lightweight Guest

    "Johnny B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > I thought i posted this today, obviously not
    >
    > Would an 18" cinder cone be suitable for someone just under 6' or should
    > get a 19" ??

    2" clearance over the 'nads is a must.

  6. Wanguard

    Wanguard Guest

    Smaller bike you can adapt easier, move seat and take longer stem, yet bike is more maneuverable for
    technical course. If bike is to large than on a climb you either lose traction with the rear wheel
    or when you move your behind backward, then your front wheel is to light and on tricky parts tend to
    jump severely and force you to stop or to fall.

    So I would advise smaller size.

    D'amir

    "Johnny B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:ixZha.5450$5v3.[email protected]...

    > I thought i posted this today, obviously not
    >
    > Would an 18" cinder cone be suitable for someone just under 6' or should
    > get a 19" ??

  7. Johnny B

    Johnny B Guest

    I can fit my fist between the frame and my love spuds so its probably too small only thing is the
    bikes got 200 quid knocked off it, if i dont go for that ill probably go for a 19" rockhopper

  8. ..::Tbf::..

    ..::Tbf::.. Guest

    --
    http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Johnny B says:
    >
    > >I can fit my fist between the frame and my love spuds so its probably too small
    >
    > Not necessarily - it depends on how they hang ;-) Seriuosly, it doesn't sound too small just from
    > that description
    >
    > Steve

    Well you don't have to worry about that sort of thing, now do ya....

  9. ..::Tbf::..

    ..::Tbf::.. Guest

    --
    http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > TBF says:
    >
    > >Well you don't have to worry about that sort of thing, now do ya....
    >
    > Actually, no, I don't. After 4 kids, I know mine work, so I did the honourable thing and retired
    them
    > ;-) I think you might be suffering from doubts, however, hence the
    overstatement of
    > macho on your page.
    >
    > Steve
    >
    > Steve

    Doubts? LOL.....the only doubt I have is how much dissing you can take. Lord knows I would hate for
    you to grab your shotgun and visit some business to blow everyone away loser.

  10. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Johnny B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I can fit my fist between the frame and my love spuds so its probably too small

    Make a bigger fist.

    Bill "damn Baker beat me to the more obvious smart-arse remark" S.

  11. ..::Tbf::..

    ..::Tbf::.. Guest

    --
    http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > TBF blathers:
    >
    > >Lord knows I would hate for you to grab your shotgun and visit some business
    > >blow everyone away loser.
    >
    > Again I'll ask - WTF does that have to do with the discussion in hand?
    Are you
    > runnig out of copherent things to say, or are you just graping at straws
    > cover your own inadequacies in the argument department. O'course, if you're trying to goad me by
    > likening me to some cracker with
    > locker full of shotguns, then you're knocking at the wrong door.
    >
    > Next!
    >
    > Steve

    what?? you mean your not a crazy cracker with a shotgun?? OMG I apologize for the
    miscommunication....

  12. ..::Tbf::..

    ..::Tbf::.. Guest

  13. ..::Tbf::..

    ..::Tbf::.. Guest

  14. Wanguard

    Wanguard Guest

    Fist is good. I hope you are aware that we are measuring from groins, not from your precious
    hanging, stretched and so on. In that case what ever the size of fist you have, that should be fine
    for off-road bike. In most cases, you have to stop in some funny place that you can't ride through,
    uphill, to bumpy, something uneven in height and than you are praising the god for lover tube.

    If you are not sure, or if you ride not so challenging terrain, bigger bike will not make you a
    problem. If you want to be in control and have a bit more fun, sooner or later you will look for
    smaller frame.

    Can you get a test ride on something similar in geometry and size?

    D'