size of a frame

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace archive' started by Maras, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Maras

    Maras Guest

    Hi!

    I come from Poland - I'm sorry for my English...

    I have one question to You.

    What do You think, which size of frame(MTB) would be good for me: My predispositions:
    - height > 197 cm = 77,55 inches
    - length of the leg (from heel to groin) > 98 cm = 38,58 inches
    - lenght of the arm (from the center of armpit to knuckle <without lenght of the longest finger!>) >
    75-77 cm = 29,52-30,31 inches
    - lenght of the arm (from the center of armpit until the end of the longest finger) > 86-88 cm = 33,85-
    34,64 inches
    - lenght of the trunk (from pelvisbone to collarbone; inhalation/exhalation)
    > 50/55 cm = 19,68/21,65 inches

    which size of frame should I choose to: (MTB frame)
    - XC/sport ride
    - sth like hmmmm.... between XC and globetrotter/travel ride - normal ride through forests....
    - typical globetrotter/travel, "light" ride

    Thank You for any informations and advices

    Marek Nawrocki Poznan-Poland-Biker

    Tags:

  2. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    You're pretty easy Maras since you're the same size as me. I ride a Santa Cruz SuperLite in Extra-
    large MTB. I've tried several other manufacturer's products but all of the XL's fit fine. 175 mm
    cranks. I like wide bars but it is a matter of taste. If the frames you are looking at are in metric
    sizes then try somewhere around 52-55 and it will very from design to design.

    My road bike is a 61 or 62 cm. 120 mm Stem, 42 mm bar, 172.5 cranks.