Size of tubes for 2.3 tires

Erling Ringen E

Guest
Hello,

I wonder if the size of tubes vary in other aspects than their diameter( 26 inches ). I have 2.3
Hutchinson Scorpion tires on my bike, what kind of tubes should I use? ( new bike new tires, I'm not
used to such big tire footprint ).

Thanks in advance

Erling

"Erling Ringen Elvsrud" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I wonder if the size of tubes vary in other aspects than their diameter( 26 inches ). I have 2.3
> Hutchinson Scorpion tires on my bike, what kind of tubes should I use? ( new bike new tires, I'm
> not used to such big tire footprint ).

IRC makes a really ample "downhill" 26x2.2~3.0 tube that measures a whopping 73mm/2.8" folded flat!

I have done this with an aluminum can. Take the ends off and cut the cylindrical side into an
appropriately shaped piece. Two wraps around the seat post should do it.YMMV.

Regards, Ernie

A Muzi wrote:

> "Erling Ringen Elvsrud" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I wonder if the size of tubes vary in other aspects than their diameter( 26 inches ). I have 2.3
> > Hutchinson Scorpion tires on my bike, what kind of tubes should I use? ( new bike new tires, I'm
> > not used to such big tire footprint ).
>
> IRC makes a really ample "downhill" 26x2.2~3.0 tube that measures a whopping 73mm/2.8"
> folded flat!
>
> --
> Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April, 1971

"E & V Willson" <[email protected]> top-posted in message news:[email protected]...

> A Muzi wrote:
>
> > "Erling Ringen Elvsrud" <[email protected]> wrote in
message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > I wonder if the size of tubes vary in other aspects than their diameter( 26 inches ). I have
> > > 2.3 Hutchinson Scorpion tires on my
bike,
> > > what kind of tubes should I use? ( new bike new tires, I'm not used to such big tire
> > > footprint ).
> >
> > IRC makes a really ample "downhill" 26x2.2~3.0 tube that measures a whopping 73mm/2.8"
> > folded flat!

> I have done this with an aluminum can. Take the ends off and cut the cylindrical side into an
> appropriately shaped piece. Two wraps around the
seat
> post should do it.YMMV.

Ummm, huh?

Bill "aluminum can tire liners, on the other hand..." S.

Sorry for the error..The aluminum can is for a seat post shim and was posted accidentally as an
answer to the wrong question.

Regards, Ernie

"E & V Willson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Sorry for the error..The aluminum can is for a seat post shim and was
posted
> accidentally as an answer to the wrong question.

No problem; saw it (the "correct" thread) right after.

Bill "still, it WOULD prevent punctures :) " S.