sizing issues w/ Carnac shoes?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by stys82, Aug 21, 2006.

1. stys82

stys82 New Member

HI! I'm hoping to get some info from anyone who tried on/own/owned Carnac's...

I may be able to get a killer deal on a pair of Carnac M5's (long story short...I owned a pair of brand new Sidi's and my dog decided to make a meal out of the left shoe) off the web but I saw a sizing chart that claimed the Carnac's ran smaller than Sidi's My mtb Sidi's are 38 and my previous road Sidi's were a 39 (I've also tried on Specialized in 39 which fit comfortable if not a wee bit big). The Carnac's I want are 38.5. My regular shoe size is 8 in women's (6/6.5 men's). Oh and the lbs doesn't carry Carnac so I can't try them on beforehand.

How do you think Carnac's size in relation to street shoes or other cycling shoes, Sidi's or Specialized shoes in particular? Thanks for any help!

Tags:

2. kleng

kleng New Member

3. fauxpas

fauxpas New Member

The first (and current) road shoe I bought and wear is a pair of Carnacs. I was hesitant because Aus sizing is different to Eur/US/UK etc.

But I checked some charts and all showed my normal size as 8, and that translated to 42 Eur. So I bought the 42s online and they fit like a glove...

4. Eastway82

Eastway82 New Member

On the other hand, I got a pair of Carnacs (15 euros!) that said 42 on the sticker, and 43 on the sole, but are a little tight for me (I take a 42 in normal shoes usually). They seem to be quite narrow fit, especially around the toes, so If I were looking for another pair I'd probably try on a 44 first. FWIW my Diadora shoes are also 43 and quite narrow at the toe, so maybe it's a european thing.