sizing issues w/ Carnac shoes?

stys82

Jul 20, 2006
HI! I'm hoping to get some info from anyone who tried on/own/owned Carnac's...

I may be able to get a killer deal on a pair of Carnac M5's (long story short...I owned a pair of brand new Sidi's and my dog decided to make a meal out of the left shoe) off the web but I saw a sizing chart that claimed the Carnac's ran smaller than Sidi's My mtb Sidi's are 38 and my previous road Sidi's were a 39 (I've also tried on Specialized in 39 which fit comfortable if not a wee bit big). The Carnac's I want are 38.5. My regular shoe size is 8 in women's (6/6.5 men's). Oh and the lbs doesn't carry Carnac so I can't try them on beforehand.

How do you think Carnac's size in relation to street shoes or other cycling shoes, Sidi's or Specialized shoes in particular? Thanks for any help!

The first (and current) road shoe I bought and wear is a pair of Carnacs. I was hesitant because Aus sizing is different to Eur/US/UK etc.

But I checked some charts and all showed my normal size as 8, and that translated to 42 Eur. So I bought the 42s online and they fit like a glove...

fauxpas said:
The first (and current) road shoe I bought and wear is a pair of Carnacs. I was hesitant because Aus sizing is different to Eur/US/UK etc.

But I checked some charts and all showed my normal size as 8, and that translated to 42 Eur. So I bought the 42s online and they fit like a glove...

On the other hand, I got a pair of Carnacs (15 euros!) that said 42 on the sticker, and 43 on the sole, but are a little tight for me (I take a 42 in normal shoes usually). They seem to be quite narrow fit, especially around the toes, so If I were looking for another pair I'd probably try on a 44 first. FWIW my Diadora shoes are also 43 and quite narrow at the toe, so maybe it's a european thing.