SJSC lockout!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Phil Bixby, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Phil Bixby

    Phil Bixby Guest

    Hi Folks

    Today, when I try to visit St.Johns Street Cycles website (www.sjscycles.com) it refuses to let me
    in and pops up a Login/Password window. Is there something up with the site, or have I done
    something wierd and not-very-wonderful here?

    Thanks for any help Phil Bixby York, UK

    Tags:

  2. On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 21:56:38 +0000, Phil Bixby did issue forth:

    > Today, when I try to visit St.Johns Street Cycles website (www.sjscycles.com) it refuses to let me
    > in and pops up a Login/Password window. Is there something up with the site, or have I done
    > something wierd and not-very-wonderful here?

    It's not just you. I'm getting it as well.

    --
    Huw Pritchard | Replace bounce with huw | to reply by mail | www.secretworldgovernment.org

  3. After reading your post I gave it a try and was able to access the SJSC site with no problems, both
    by clicking on the URL in your post and by clicking on the bookmark in my own favorites file. This
    was done in the US at about 3:30 AM (UK time) on Tuesday, 21 January . (It was about
    9:30 PM on Monday, 20 January, time in my location in the US).

    These screwups happen sometimes and perhaps it had been corrected by the time I tried.

    Bob Taylor

  4. Phil Bixby

    Phil Bixby Guest

    Thanks Huw. I'm sure you know how reassuring it is to know that, just this once, it's Not
    My Fault :eek:)

    Phil B

    "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 21:56:38 +0000, Phil Bixby did issue forth:
    >
    > > Today, when I try to visit St.Johns Street Cycles website (www.sjscycles.com) it refuses to let
    > > me in and pops up a Login/Password window. Is there something up with the site, or have I done
    > > something
    wierd
    > > and not-very-wonderful here?
    >
    > It's not just you. I'm getting it as well.
    >
    > --
    > Huw Pritchard | Replace bounce with huw | to reply by mail | www.secretworldgovernment.org

  5. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 22:03:47 +0000, "Huw Pritchard"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >It's not just you. I'm getting it as well.

    Obviously James has implemented a urc money-saving scheme by locking us out of the
    Bridgewater store :)

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  6. On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 22:12:57 +0000, Phil Bixby did issue forth:

    > Thanks Huw. I'm sure you know how reassuring it is to know that, just this once, it's Not My
    > Fault :eek:)

    Nope, definitely Not Your Fault, Phil.

    Have you got the address to sent the tenner you promised me to? ;-)

    --
    Huw Pritchard | Replace bounce with huw | to reply by mail | www.secretworldgovernment.org

  7. W K

    W K Guest

    news:eek:[email protected]...
    > On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 22:03:47 +0000, "Huw Pritchard"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >It's not just you. I'm getting it as well.
    >
    > Obviously James has implemented a urc money-saving scheme by locking us out of the Bridgewater
    > store :)

    Its http basic authentication as well innit? Not seen that for a long time.

  8. Phil Bixby

    Phil Bixby Guest

    Heavens, Huw... some of us can only cope with getting one thing at a time Not Wrong ;o)

  9. "W K" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:eek:[email protected]...
    > > On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 22:03:47 +0000, "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > >It's not just you. I'm getting it as well.
    > >
    > > Obviously James has implemented a urc money-saving scheme by locking us out of the Bridgewater
    > > store :)

    Seems to be OK now. Wasn't being allowed in yesterday (Does choice of browser affect matters? I was
    using Microsoft IE), but seems OK today (with Netscape 7.0, for the record).

    David E. Belcher

    Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

  10. W K

    W K Guest

    "David E. Belcher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "W K" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:eek:[email protected]...

    > > > Obviously James has implemented a urc money-saving scheme by locking us out of the Bridgewater
    > > > store :)
    > >

    > Seems to be OK now. Wasn't being allowed in yesterday (Does choice of browser affect matters? I
    > was using Microsoft IE), but seems OK today (with Netscape 7.0, for the record).

    It would actually be the configuration on their server. Either someones totally mucked up, or they
    used it to keep people out for an upgrade. I'd have never thought that the latter could be useful.