skcc crit this Sunday at Port Melb

kyra

Aug 23, 2003
Hi All,

Anybody entering this sunday? i'm in D grade with a friend from work. Let me know as we can meet up beforehand.

cheers,
Bill

kyra said:
Hi All,

Anybody entering this sunday? i'm in D grade with a friend from work. Let me know as we can meet up beforehand.

cheers,
Bill
tempting, but I need the miles of a BR.
Stay at the pointy end, especially into the corners.
makes life alot easier and you get a greater sense of what's going on.
A report will be mandatory :)
Enjoy

flyingdutch said:
tempting, but I need the miles of a BR.
Stay at the pointy end, especially into the corners.
makes life alot easier and you get a greater sense of what's going on.
A report will be mandatory :)
Enjoy

Ride report as requested...

Ok, the run down from yesterday's crit. I rocked up nice and early, signed up and was told to do a couple of recon laps... good idea... pity about the puncture I got around the back straight! I walked around to the start and found a helpful older rider who graciously gave me a tube, then offered to change my tube for me, too easy i thought.
Got to the start line, had the lecture from race officials and started a good minute behind C grade riders. Pace was fairly easy at the start (35kmh), then for the next 10 mins we were sitting on 41-42kmh and caught C grade!! Somehow I found myself at the front, panicked and slowed down... I was swamped by C grade and D grade riders and as they picked up the pace again, I had no energy reserves left (shouldn't have gone out till 2am!), and was dropped... I rode the +3 laps on my own and was wrapped to get over the line. Don't know my exact time, but ave spd was 37.1kmh.

The next race is 9th Jan and I will be there again and aim to finish with the pack this time.

cheers,
Bill

kyra said:
Ride report as requested...

Ok, the run down from yesterday's crit. I rocked up nice and early, signed up and was told to do a couple of recon laps... good idea... pity about the puncture I got around the back straight! I walked around to the start and found a helpful older rider who graciously gave me a tube, then offered to change my tube for me, too easy i thought.
Got to the start line, had the lecture from race officials and started a good minute behind C grade riders. Pace was fairly easy at the start (35kmh), then for the next 10 mins we were sitting on 41-42kmh and caught C grade!! Somehow I found myself at the front, panicked and slowed down... I was swamped by C grade and D grade riders and as they picked up the pace again, I had no energy reserves left (shouldn't have gone out till 2am!), and was dropped... I rode the +3 laps on my own and was wrapped to get over the line. Don't know my exact time, but ave spd was 37.1kmh.

The next race is 9th Jan and I will be there again and aim to finish with the pack this time.

cheers,
Bill
aaaah. dont go to the front. just keep it in sight. still. catching Cgrade's a bit wierd. we have done that once or twice at Kew. People get excited way easy if mor ethan 2-3 people do things at the same time