Skibike video

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Darsh, Feb 1, 2003.

  1. Darsh

    Darsh Guest

    http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613

    This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation is whacked, but what do you
    expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to DL.

    This was a one take video.

    It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.

    LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.

    darsh

    Tags:

  2. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:_d2%[email protected]...
    > http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
    >
    > This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation
    is
    > whacked, but what do you expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to DL.
    >
    > This was a one take video.
    >
    > It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
    >
    > LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
    >
    > darsh

    Cool. Looks fun. Ever get in the bumps with it?

    Matt

  3. Darsh

    Darsh Guest

    "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:_d2%[email protected]...
    > > http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
    > >
    > > This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation
    > is
    > > whacked, but what do you expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to
    DL.

    > > This was a one take video.
    > >
    > > It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
    > >
    > > LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
    > >
    > > darsh
    >
    > Cool. Looks fun. Ever get in the bumps with it?

    The great thing is, you can do anything. I would love to explore bumps, but we are limited to the
    terrain that the quad at Buttermilk provides.

    darsh

    > Matt

  4. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:_d2%[email protected]...
    > http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
    >
    > This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation is whacked, but what do you
    > expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to DL.
    >
    > This was a one take video.
    >
    > It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
    >
    > LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
    >
    > darsh

    Hell yes Darsh! It took 2 hrs to download, but was worth it.

    This will require further investigation after I get the Turner built.

    --
    Slacker

  5. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 05:43:22 GMT, "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
    >
    >This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation is whacked, but what do you
    >expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to DL.
    >
    >This was a one take video.
    >
    >It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
    >
    >LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
    >
    >darsh

    HOLY SH!T! PHENOMENAL! I must say that's is absolutely the best video I've seen. The Quality isn't
    all that great but the substance was simply the best.

    Nice touch at the end with the Afghanistan puppy....very sad.

    Peace,

    :-]

  6. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<_d2%[email protected]>...
    > http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
    >
    > This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation is whacked, but what do you
    > expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to DL.
    >
    > This was a one take video.
    >
    > It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
    >
    > LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
    >
    > darsh

    A good reason to play in the snow. Well done Darsh.

    JD

  7. Destroy

    Destroy Guest

    That's pretty cool. Needs a brake device IMO though. That turn/skidding/foot down brake technique
    may be ok for you but most bicyclists would want a more normal brake device.

    Darsh wrote:
    > http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
    >
    > This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation is whacked, but what do you
    > expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to DL.
    >
    > This was a one take video.
    >
    > It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
    >
    > LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
    >
    > darsh

  8. L Hays

    L Hays Guest

    "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:_d2%[email protected]...
    > http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
    >
    > This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation
    is
    > whacked, but what do you expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to DL.
    >
    > This was a one take video.
    >
    > It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
    >
    > LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
    >
    > darsh

    Good stuff Darsh. Made me wish I lived near mountains again.

    Thank Gawd for cable modems.

    Lance

  9. Darsh wrote:
    > http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
    >
    > This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation is whacked, but what do you
    > expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to DL.
    >
    > This was a one take video.
    >
    > It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
    >
    > LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
    >
    > darsh

    Oh-So-Sweet. If I end up getting a blur, or something with more than 3" of travel, I might just try
    that out... looks like a blast!

    See if you can get a distance shot of you just carving down a wide open blue cruiser, I want to see
    what kinda lines you lay down! And if you can (as MattB said), take that thing into some moguls,
    that would be sick.

    Jon "Comm... getting there" Bond

  10. Ever skied, dude? Thats what you have to brake with. Yeah, its a different technique, but then
    again, you're not exactly on a bicycle anymore, are ya?

    Jon "Comm" Bond

    Destroy wrote:
    > That's pretty cool. Needs a brake device IMO though. That turn/skidding/foot down brake technique
    > may be ok for you but most bicyclists would want a more normal brake device.
    >
    > Darsh wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
    >>
    >> This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation is whacked, but what do
    >> you expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to DL.
    >>
    >> This was a one take video.
    >>
    >> It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
    >>
    >> LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
    >>
    >> darsh

  11. Destroy

    Destroy Guest

    Jonathan Bond wrote:
    > Ever skied, dude? Thats what you have to brake with. Yeah, its a different technique, but then
    > again, you're not exactly on a bicycle anymore, are ya?
    >
    > Jon "Comm" Bond

    Only been skiing since I was 8 years old or so. :) I'd like to see that ski bike go down a mogul
    hill and actually use the suspension.

  12. Destroy wrote:
    > Jonathan Bond wrote:
    >
    >> Ever skied, dude? Thats what you have to brake with. Yeah, its a different technique, but then
    >> again, you're not exactly on a bicycle anymore, are ya?
    >>
    >> Jon "Comm" Bond
    >

    > Only been skiing since I was 8 years old or so. :) I'd like to see that ski bike go down a mogul
    > hill and actually use the suspension.

    8 years old, bah, you gotta start when you're 4 ;)

    That'd be sweet going through the bumps, maybe a bit nuts tho! I think it'd get mighty tiring having
    to swing the rear end back and forth that much.

    Jon "Com" Bond

  13. Jd

    Jd Guest

    Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Darsh wrote:
    > > http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
    > >
    > > This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation is whacked, but what do
    > > you expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to DL.
    > >
    > > This was a one take video.
    > >
    > > It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
    > >
    > > LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
    > >
    > > darsh
    >

    > Oh-So-Sweet. If I end up getting a blur

    Forget the santa crud Jon. You can do much better for the same price.

    JD

  14. JD wrote:
    > Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>Darsh wrote:
    >>
    >>>http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
    >>>
    >>>This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation is whacked, but what do
    >>>you expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to DL.
    >>>
    >>>This was a one take video.
    >>>
    >>>It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
    >>>
    >>>LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
    >>>
    >>>darsh
    >>

    >>Oh-So-Sweet. If I end up getting a blur
    >

    > Forget the santa crud Jon. You can do much better for the same price.
    >
    > JD

    1250 is pretty damn hard to beat. Trust me, I've looked. I'd love a racer-X, but thats around 1600,
    and the 100mm fork versions (Including the Edge Cycles Icarus) are even more than that. Last year's
    tracers are going for 1300, which is sweet, but those are heavier and not as efficient (reportedly,
    I've ridden one a little and will compare it to whatever else I ride) as the Blur seems to be. The
    Epic is nuts expensive. The loco moto is good, but again, more bobbing and whatnot.

    I'm not going to be stupid and just jump into anything, I'm definitely test riding first. But
    despite the massive amounts of hype and propaganda, from the reviews I've heard (including people
    that didn't buy it, so no "I spent $2000 on it, so it must be good" shite) its a damn nice bike.

    If you've got any suggestions for 3-5" travel, XC riding/racing oriented bikes (designed for riding,
    but light enough and efficient enough to race), then lemme know.

    Jon "Com" Bond

  15. Gman

    Gman Guest

    On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 05:43:22 GMT, Darsh <[email protected]> wrote:
    > http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
    >
    > This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation is whacked, but what do you
    > expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to DL.
    >
    > This was a one take video.
    >
    > It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
    >
    > LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
    >
    > darsh

    Cool beans Darsh-man. That ROCKS! I still haven't gotten a response from the local ski area
    regarding ski bikes. I've emailed them 3x. Me thinks they are formulating an opinion in real-time.

    Gman

  16. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > If you've got any suggestions for 3-5" travel, XC riding/racing oriented bikes (designed for
    > riding, but light enough and efficient enough to race), then lemme know.
    >
    > Jon "Com" Bond

    Supergo has '02 Intense Tracers for $1300.00

    Mike

  17. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    "Gman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 05:43:22 GMT, Darsh <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
    > >
    > > This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation
    is
    > > whacked, but what do you expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to
    DL.

    > > This was a one take video.
    > >
    > > It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
    > >
    > > LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
    > >
    > > darsh
    > >

    > Cool beans Darsh-man. That ROCKS! I still haven't gotten a response from the local ski area
    > regarding ski bikes. I've emailed them 3x. Me thinks they are formulating an opinion in real-time.
    >
    > Gman

    Probably discussing it with their lawyers.

    Matt (was a ski area employee for several years)

  18. Michael Dart wrote:
    > "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >

    >>If you've got any suggestions for 3-5" travel, XC riding/racing oriented bikes (designed for
    >>riding, but light enough and efficient enough to race), then lemme know.
    >>
    >>Jon "Com" Bond
    >>

    > Supergo has '02 Intense Tracers for $1300.00
    >
    > Mike

    Somebody wasn't reading my whole message ;)

    "Last year's tracers are going for 1300, which is sweet, but those are heavier and not as efficient
    (reportedly, I've ridden one a little and will compare it to whatever else I ride) as the Blur
    seems to be."

    Damn skimmers... must be all that dew.

    Jon "Co" Bond

  19. David

    David Guest

    news:K%3%[email protected]...
    > "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:_d2%[email protected]...
    > > http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
    > >
    > > This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation is whacked, but what do
    > > you expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to DL.

    Yup DL was fast for me too. It looked pretty cool. Now I wonder about the winterxbike XC kit (like
    your bike, but with a rear wheel).

    > > This was a one take video.
    > >
    > > It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
    > >
    > > LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
    > >
    > > darsh
    >

    > Hell yes Darsh! It took 2 hrs to download, but was worth it.

    If you had patience for that, try this: http://www.waitallday.com/

  20. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Michael Dart wrote:
    > > "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > >>If you've got any suggestions for 3-5" travel, XC riding/racing oriented bikes (designed for
    > >>riding, but light enough and efficient enough to race), then lemme know.
    > >>
    > >>Jon "Com" Bond
    > >>

    > > Supergo has '02 Intense Tracers for $1300.00
    > >
    > > Mike
    >
    > Somebody wasn't reading my whole message ;)
    >
    > "Last year's tracers are going for 1300, which is sweet, but those are heavier and not as
    > efficient (reportedly, I've ridden one a little and will compare it to whatever else I ride) as
    > the Blur seems to be."
    >
    > Damn skimmers... must be all that dew.
    >
    > Jon "Co" Bond

    Weight weenie XC racer snob! Harrumph! <nose in air>

    Mike - No Tracer for you! ;^)