Skibike video



Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Darsh

Guest
http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613

This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation is whacked, but what do you
expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to DL.

This was a one take video.

It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.

LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.

darsh
 
M

Mattb

Guest
"Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:_d2%[email protected]...
> http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
>
> This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation
is
> whacked, but what do you expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to DL.
>
> This was a one take video.
>
> It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
>
> LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
>
> darsh

Cool. Looks fun. Ever get in the bumps with it?

Matt
 
D

Darsh

Guest
"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:_d2%[email protected]...
> > http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
> >
> > This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation
> is
> > whacked, but what do you expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to
DL.
> >
> > This was a one take video.
> >
> > It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
> >
> > LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
> >
> > darsh
>
> Cool. Looks fun. Ever get in the bumps with it?

The great thing is, you can do anything. I would love to explore bumps, but we are limited to the
terrain that the quad at Buttermilk provides.

darsh

>
> Matt
 
S

Slacker

Guest
"Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:_d2%[email protected]...
> http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
>
> This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation is whacked, but what do you
> expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to DL.
>
> This was a one take video.
>
> It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
>
> LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
>
> darsh

Hell yes Darsh! It took 2 hrs to download, but was worth it.

This will require further investigation after I get the Turner built.

--
Slacker
 
B

Bill Wheeler

Guest
On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 05:43:22 GMT, "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote:

>http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
>
>This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation is whacked, but what do you
>expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to DL.
>
>This was a one take video.
>
>It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
>
>LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
>
>darsh
>
HOLY SH!T! PHENOMENAL! I must say that's is absolutely the best video I've seen. The Quality isn't
all that great but the substance was simply the best.

Nice touch at the end with the Afghanistan puppy....very sad.

Peace,

Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should
give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
:-]
 
J

Jd

Guest
"Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<_d2%[email protected]>...
> http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
>
> This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation is whacked, but what do you
> expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to DL.
>
> This was a one take video.
>
> It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
>
> LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
>
> darsh

A good reason to play in the snow. Well done Darsh.

JD
 
D

Destroy

Guest
That's pretty cool. Needs a brake device IMO though. That turn/skidding/foot down brake technique
may be ok for you but most bicyclists would want a more normal brake device.

Darsh wrote:
> http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
>
> This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation is whacked, but what do you
> expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to DL.
>
> This was a one take video.
>
> It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
>
> LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
>
> darsh
>
>
>
 
L

L Hays

Guest
"Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:_d2%[email protected]...
> http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
>
> This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation
is
> whacked, but what do you expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to DL.
>
> This was a one take video.
>
> It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
>
> LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
>
> darsh
>
>
>
>
>

Good stuff Darsh. Made me wish I lived near mountains again.

Thank Gawd for cable modems.

Lance
 
J

Jonathan Bond

Guest
Darsh wrote:
> http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
>
> This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation is whacked, but what do you
> expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to DL.
>
> This was a one take video.
>
> It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
>
> LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
>
> darsh

Oh-So-Sweet. If I end up getting a blur, or something with more than 3" of travel, I might just try
that out... looks like a blast!

See if you can get a distance shot of you just carving down a wide open blue cruiser, I want to see
what kinda lines you lay down! And if you can (as MattB said), take that thing into some moguls,
that would be sick.

Jon "Comm... getting there" Bond
 
J

Jonathan Bond

Guest
Ever skied, dude? Thats what you have to brake with. Yeah, its a different technique, but then
again, you're not exactly on a bicycle anymore, are ya?

Jon "Comm" Bond

Destroy wrote:
> That's pretty cool. Needs a brake device IMO though. That turn/skidding/foot down brake technique
> may be ok for you but most bicyclists would want a more normal brake device.
>
> Darsh wrote:
>
>> http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
>>
>> This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation is whacked, but what do
>> you expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to DL.
>>
>> This was a one take video.
>>
>> It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
>>
>> LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
>>
>> darsh
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
 
D

Destroy

Guest
Jonathan Bond wrote:
> Ever skied, dude? Thats what you have to brake with. Yeah, its a different technique, but then
> again, you're not exactly on a bicycle anymore, are ya?
>
> Jon "Comm" Bond

Only been skiing since I was 8 years old or so. :) I'd like to see that ski bike go down a mogul
hill and actually use the suspension.
 
J

Jonathan Bond

Guest
Destroy wrote:
> Jonathan Bond wrote:
>
>> Ever skied, dude? Thats what you have to brake with. Yeah, its a different technique, but then
>> again, you're not exactly on a bicycle anymore, are ya?
>>
>> Jon "Comm" Bond
>
>
> Only been skiing since I was 8 years old or so. :) I'd like to see that ski bike go down a mogul
> hill and actually use the suspension.

8 years old, bah, you gotta start when you're 4 ;)

That'd be sweet going through the bumps, maybe a bit nuts tho! I think it'd get mighty tiring having
to swing the rear end back and forth that much.

Jon "Com" Bond
 
J

Jd

Guest
Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Darsh wrote:
> > http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
> >
> > This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation is whacked, but what do
> > you expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to DL.
> >
> > This was a one take video.
> >
> > It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
> >
> > LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
> >
> > darsh
>
>
> Oh-So-Sweet. If I end up getting a blur

Forget the santa crud Jon. You can do much better for the same price.

JD
 
J

Jonathan Bond

Guest
JD wrote:
> Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>Darsh wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
>>>
>>>This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation is whacked, but what do
>>>you expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to DL.
>>>
>>>This was a one take video.
>>>
>>>It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
>>>
>>>LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
>>>
>>>darsh
>>
>>
>>Oh-So-Sweet. If I end up getting a blur
>
>
> Forget the santa crud Jon. You can do much better for the same price.
>
> JD

1250 is pretty damn hard to beat. Trust me, I've looked. I'd love a racer-X, but thats around 1600,
and the 100mm fork versions (Including the Edge Cycles Icarus) are even more than that. Last year's
tracers are going for 1300, which is sweet, but those are heavier and not as efficient (reportedly,
I've ridden one a little and will compare it to whatever else I ride) as the Blur seems to be. The
Epic is nuts expensive. The loco moto is good, but again, more bobbing and whatnot.

I'm not going to be stupid and just jump into anything, I'm definitely test riding first. But
despite the massive amounts of hype and propaganda, from the reviews I've heard (including people
that didn't buy it, so no "I spent $2000 on it, so it must be good" shite) its a damn nice bike.

If you've got any suggestions for 3-5" travel, XC riding/racing oriented bikes (designed for riding,
but light enough and efficient enough to race), then lemme know.

Jon "Com" Bond
 
G

Gman

Guest
On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 05:43:22 GMT, Darsh <[email protected]> wrote:
> http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
>
> This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation is whacked, but what do you
> expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to DL.
>
> This was a one take video.
>
> It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
>
> LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
>
> darsh
>

Cool beans Darsh-man. That ROCKS! I still haven't gotten a response from the local ski area
regarding ski bikes. I've emailed them 3x. Me thinks they are formulating an opinion in real-time.

Gman
 
M

Michael Dart

Guest
"Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>
> If you've got any suggestions for 3-5" travel, XC riding/racing oriented bikes (designed for
> riding, but light enough and efficient enough to race), then lemme know.
>
> Jon "Com" Bond
>
>

Supergo has '02 Intense Tracers for $1300.00

Mike
 
M

Mattb

Guest
"Gman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 05:43:22 GMT, Darsh <[email protected]> wrote:
> > http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
> >
> > This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation
is
> > whacked, but what do you expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to
DL.
> >
> > This was a one take video.
> >
> > It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
> >
> > LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
> >
> > darsh
> >
>
> Cool beans Darsh-man. That ROCKS! I still haven't gotten a response from the local ski area
> regarding ski bikes. I've emailed them 3x. Me thinks they are formulating an opinion in real-time.
>
> Gman

Probably discussing it with their lawyers.

Matt (was a ski area employee for several years)
 
J

Jonathan Bond

Guest
Michael Dart wrote:
> "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>
>>If you've got any suggestions for 3-5" travel, XC riding/racing oriented bikes (designed for
>>riding, but light enough and efficient enough to race), then lemme know.
>>
>>Jon "Com" Bond
>>
>>
>
>
> Supergo has '02 Intense Tracers for $1300.00
>
> Mike

Somebody wasn't reading my whole message ;)

"Last year's tracers are going for 1300, which is sweet, but those are heavier and not as efficient
(reportedly, I've ridden one a little and will compare it to whatever else I ride) as the Blur
seems to be."

Damn skimmers... must be all that dew.

Jon "Co" Bond
 
D

David

Guest
"Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:K%3%[email protected]...
> "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:_d2%[email protected]...
> > http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4239564613
> >
> > This video link should work, it takes you to the dl page. ImageStation is whacked, but what do
> > you expect. Broadband takes about 15 seconds to DL.

Yup DL was fast for me too. It looked pretty cool. Now I wonder about the winterxbike XC kit (like
your bike, but with a rear wheel).

> > This was a one take video.
> >
> > It is playing from the link on a 300mhz on my network, so it must work decent enough.
> >
> > LOL, just turned on the speaks on that 300. Sounds OK as well.
> >
> > darsh
>
>
> Hell yes Darsh! It took 2 hrs to download, but was worth it.

If you had patience for that, try this: http://www.waitallday.com/
 
M

Michael Dart

Guest
"Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Michael Dart wrote:
> > "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in
message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >
> >>If you've got any suggestions for 3-5" travel, XC riding/racing oriented bikes (designed for
> >>riding, but light enough and efficient enough to race), then lemme know.
> >>
> >>Jon "Com" Bond
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
> > Supergo has '02 Intense Tracers for $1300.00
> >
> > Mike
>
> Somebody wasn't reading my whole message ;)
>
> "Last year's tracers are going for 1300, which is sweet, but those are heavier and not as
> efficient (reportedly, I've ridden one a little and will compare it to whatever else I ride) as
> the Blur seems to be."
>
> Damn skimmers... must be all that dew.
>
> Jon "Co" Bond
>
>

Weight weenie XC racer snob! Harrumph! <nose in air>

Mike - No Tracer for you! ;^)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.