skill level

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by lucky_8, Feb 14, 2006.

  1. lucky_8

    lucky_8 Guest

    i was just wondering what skill level everyone is on. I am only on skill
    level two because i just started but im working really hard to get to
    the top of the skill levels.

    --
    lucky_8

    One day i hope to be a professional unicyclist.
    lucky_8's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11685

  2. irvinegr

    irvinegr Guest

  3. I'm not really going by levels, I'm most of level 2 and 3 and I think 2
    or 3 from level 4...mostly just cause of mounting, I've never practiced
    anything other than my good ol' static and rollback mounts, if I did
    I'd probably be just about level 3 officially.

    --
    dudewithasock

    'My Unicycling Journal'
    officially ended - currently in the process of preparing it for my free
    webspace.
    :cool:
    'MR - Reply 40,000' (http://tinyurl.com/dwwy5)
    dudewithasock's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10900

  4. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    Jerrick wrote:
    > I am very proud to say that i am a lvl 11:D

    seriously?
    thats pretty sweet...I want to get level 11 sometime.

    anyway, I am unofficially level 4 or 5 ish. officially I'm level 0.

    --
    James_Potter

    i still believe that all you need is love...john lennon

    mikael atkinson
    mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
    President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)

  5. trials_uni

    trials_uni Guest

    level three(2completed)

    --
    trials_uni

    'Check Out my Newbie Guide' (http://tinyurl.com/99yez) <---new more
    informative post go now! edited today!
    Also Join the 'Unicyclist Roster'
    (http://ecstasy.winternet.com/roster/index.php?) and meet other
    unicyclists in your area!
    Make Your Own 'Juggling Clubs!' (http://www.crazytieguy.com/clubs.htm)

  6. Jerrick wrote:
    > I am very proud to say that i am a lvl 11:D
    >
    > actually i think i am around 4 or 5ish, i need to look at the skills
    > again lol

    i think im about the same lol but i need to work on mounts too i
    almost got the kick-up mount down

    --
    dragonking1990
    dragonking1990's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11613

  7. The Bruiser

    The Bruiser Guest

  8. trials2k

    trials2k Guest

  9. jsm

    jsm Guest

    I'm officially level seven. I can do all the stuff on level eight except
    the backward spin and pirouette, and everything on level nine except
    the backward pirouette. In theory, I can do everything on level ten,
    but not very consistently.

    I think most people who work on the skill levels get bogged down with a
    couple of the skills on levels eight and nine, especially hand wheel
    walk and the backward pirouette.

    --
    jsm

    Help edit the Unicyclopedia!
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia

    "wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*" -chosen
    jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911

  10. Lucas1wheel

    Lucas1wheel Guest

  11. im level 6 officially, level 7 unoficially and working through level 8.
    almost got hand ww down but not yet so i have 3 things left to get :)

    --
    amanda.gallacher

    'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
    Fly04066814 - 'Amanda Rules!!'
    fcwegnm0b - 'Amanda you are awesome!'
    Chosen - 'i think...i...love amanda'
    [email protected] - add me
    amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

  12. unicycleboy

    unicycleboy Guest

  13. cathwood

    cathwood Guest

    I'm not on the level at all, I'm on a steep learning curve.

    I structure what I learn around what I think looks the most fun and
    least dangerous. I learnt to idle and ride backwards (nearly) so that I
    could join in to 'dance' in the Irish dancing thingy in BUC this year.
    I also enjoy distance riding on my 29er and want to continue with that
    and to take it into cross country. So I structure my learning around
    that. I also enjoy unihockey so I learn stuff that could help that.

    I absolutely feel that life is stressful enough without being 'tested'
    on the levels.

    Cathy

    --
    cathwood

    Say no to unicycle genre discrimination! - MrBoogiejuice

    http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk

  14. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

    i agree with what cathy said, when im learning stuff its not to get to
    that next lvl, its just for the fun of it, before i even knew what the
    levels were i had 4 mounts down just cause i liked to impress ppl by
    just getting on the uni, then the expression from riding it was even
    better :D

    --
    Jerrick

  15. caw89