skin + breathing

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Edwin, Jan 27, 2004.

  1. Edwin

    Edwin Guest

    Hi,

    I just heard this from my friend.. i'm not sure if its true but sounds very..fishy.

    but we were talking about how the skin neeeds to breath and stuff.

    so she said that her instructor told her that back when filming the golden finger movie, one of the
    models were covered entirely in gold paint and then 20minutes later, the model died. cause her skin
    didn't breath.

    so..i'm trying to find stuff on the net that supports that.

    does anyone have a clue?

    true? fake? half-true? half-fake?

    thanks edwinx

    Tags:

  2. Nzed

    Nzed Guest

    I heard too...its true. NZed

    "edwin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just heard this from my friend.. i'm not sure if its true but sounds very..fishy.
    >
    > but we were talking about how the skin neeeds to breath and stuff.
    >
    > so she said that her instructor told her that back when filming the golden finger movie, one of
    > the models were covered entirely in gold paint and then 20minutes later, the model died. cause her
    > skin didn't breath.
    >
    > so..i'm trying to find stuff on the net that supports that.
    >
    > does anyone have a clue?
    >
    > true? fake? half-true? half-fake?
    >

    > thanks edwinx

  3. Murray Hudon

    Murray Hudon Guest

    Dear Edwin,

    I suppose if human's were lungless, and survived on oxygen exchange through their skin, sure, it's
    possible to asphyxiate from being covered in paint.

    The skin is a remarkable organ, and is essentially a barrier against a whole host of pathogens and
    other invading toxins. I suppose, since one of the main functions of the skin is "cooling" via
    perspiration, that if the evaporative effects are impeded by paint, potential hyperthermia could set
    in, but I think this is somewhat remote.

    Regards,

    Murray A.W. Hudon, R.N.

    [email protected]

    www.snowcountrywellness.com

    ----- Original Message ----- From: "edwin" <[email protected]> Newsgroups: alt.health Sent:
    Tuesday, January 27, 2004 1:12 AM Subject: skin + breathing

    > Hi,
    >
    > I just heard this from my friend.. i'm not sure if its true but sounds very..fishy.
    >
    > but we were talking about how the skin neeeds to breath and stuff.
    >
    > so she said that her instructor told her that back when filming the golden finger movie, one of
    > the models were covered entirely in gold paint and then 20minutes later, the model died. cause her
    > skin didn't breath.
    >
    > so..i'm trying to find stuff on the net that supports that.
    >
    > does anyone have a clue?
    >
    > true? fake? half-true? half-fake?
    >

    > thanks edwinx

    "edwin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just heard this from my friend.. i'm not sure if its true but sounds very..fishy.
    >
    > but we were talking about how the skin neeeds to breath and stuff.
    >
    > so she said that her instructor told her that back when filming the golden finger movie, one of
    > the models were covered entirely in gold paint and then 20minutes later, the model died. cause her
    > skin didn't breath.
    >
    > so..i'm trying to find stuff on the net that supports that.
    >
    > does anyone have a clue?
    >
    > true? fake? half-true? half-fake?
    >

    > thanks edwinx

  4. I had heard they had to leave a 4" circle unpainted on her back to keep her from dying. This was
    some time ago but I heard somethign like the rumor you mentioned.

    David

    "Murray Hudon" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    post.primus.ca...
    > Dear Edwin,
    >
    > I suppose if human's were lungless, and survived on oxygen exchange
    through
    > their skin, sure, it's possible to asphyxiate from being covered in paint.
    >
    > The skin is a remarkable organ, and is essentially a barrier against a
    whole
    > host of pathogens and other invading toxins. I suppose, since one of the main functions of the
    > skin is "cooling" via perspiration, that if the evaporative effects are impeded by paint,
    > potential hyperthermia could set in, but I think this is somewhat remote.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Murray A.W. Hudon, R.N.
    >
    > [email protected]
    >
    > www.snowcountrywellness.com
    >
    > ----- Original Message ----- From: "edwin" <[email protected]> Newsgroups: alt.health Sent:
    > Tuesday, January 27, 2004 1:12 AM Subject: skin + breathing
    >

    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I just heard this from my friend.. i'm not sure if its true but sounds very..fishy.
    > >
    > > but we were talking about how the skin neeeds to breath and stuff.
    > >
    > > so she said that her instructor told her that back when filming the golden finger movie, one of
    > > the models were covered entirely in gold paint and then 20minutes later, the model died. cause
    > > her skin didn't breath.
    > >
    > > so..i'm trying to find stuff on the net that supports that.
    > >
    > > does anyone have a clue?
    > >
    > > true? fake? half-true? half-fake?
    > >

    > > thanks edwinx
    >
    > "edwin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I just heard this from my friend.. i'm not sure if its true but sounds very..fishy.
    > >
    > > but we were talking about how the skin neeeds to breath and stuff.
    > >
    > > so she said that her instructor told her that back when filming the golden finger movie, one of
    > > the models were covered entirely in gold paint and then 20minutes later, the model died. cause
    > > her skin didn't breath.
    > >
    > > so..i'm trying to find stuff on the net that supports that.
    > >
    > > does anyone have a clue?
    > >
    > > true? fake? half-true? half-fake?
    > >

    > > thanks edwinx

  5. L Kelly