skin + breathing

E

Edwin

Hi,

I just heard this from my friend.. i'm not sure if its true but sounds very..fishy.

but we were talking about how the skin neeeds to breath and stuff.

so she said that her instructor told her that back when filming the golden finger movie, one of the
models were covered entirely in gold paint and then 20minutes later, the model died. cause her skin
didn't breath.

so..i'm trying to find stuff on the net that supports that.

does anyone have a clue?

true? fake? half-true? half-fake?

thanks edwinx

I heard too...its true. NZed

"edwin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:WXpRb.19237$5D.7777@clgrps13...
> Hi,
>
> I just heard this from my friend.. i'm not sure if its true but sounds very..fishy.
>
> but we were talking about how the skin neeeds to breath and stuff.
>
> so she said that her instructor told her that back when filming the golden finger movie, one of
> the models were covered entirely in gold paint and then 20minutes later, the model died. cause her
> skin didn't breath.
>
> so..i'm trying to find stuff on the net that supports that.
>
> does anyone have a clue?
>
> true? fake? half-true? half-fake?
>
>
> thanks edwinx

Dear Edwin,

I suppose if human's were lungless, and survived on oxygen exchange through their skin, sure, it's
possible to asphyxiate from being covered in paint.

The skin is a remarkable organ, and is essentially a barrier against a whole host of pathogens and
other invading toxins. I suppose, since one of the main functions of the skin is "cooling" via
perspiration, that if the evaporative effects are impeded by paint, potential hyperthermia could set
in, but I think this is somewhat remote.

Regards,

Murray A.W. Hudon, R.N.

[email protected]

www.snowcountrywellness.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "edwin" <[email protected]> Newsgroups: alt.health Sent:
Tuesday, January 27, 2004 1:12 AM Subject: skin + breathing

> Hi,
>
> I just heard this from my friend.. i'm not sure if its true but sounds very..fishy.
>
>
> so she said that her instructor told her that back when filming the golden finger movie, one of
> the models were covered entirely in gold paint and then 20minutes later, the model died. cause her
> skin didn't breath.
>
>
>
>
>
> thanks edwinx

"edwin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:WXpRb.19237$5D.7777@clgrps13...
> Hi,
>
>
>
> skin didn't breath.
>
>
>
>
>
> thanks edwinx

I had heard they had to leave a 4" circle unpainted on her back to keep her from dying. This was
some time ago but I heard somethign like the rumor you mentioned.

David

"Murray Hudon" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:KjI_b.48999$Jn1.2618@nntp-
post.primus.ca...
> Dear Edwin,
>
> I suppose if human's were lungless, and survived on oxygen exchange
through
> their skin, sure, it's possible to asphyxiate from being covered in paint.
>
> The skin is a remarkable organ, and is essentially a barrier against a
whole
> host of pathogens and other invading toxins. I suppose, since one of the main functions of the
> skin is "cooling" via perspiration, that if the evaporative effects are impeded by paint,
> potential hyperthermia could set in, but I think this is somewhat remote.
>
> Regards,
>
> Murray A.W. Hudon, R.N.
>
> [email protected]
>
> www.snowcountrywellness.com
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "edwin" <[email protected]> Newsgroups: alt.health Sent:
> Tuesday, January 27, 2004 1:12 AM Subject: skin + breathing
>
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just heard this from my friend.. i'm not sure if its true but sounds very..fishy.
> >
> > but we were talking about how the skin neeeds to breath and stuff.
> >
> > so she said that her instructor told her that back when filming the golden finger movie, one of
> > the models were covered entirely in gold paint and then 20minutes later, the model died. cause
> > her skin didn't breath.
> >
> > so..i'm trying to find stuff on the net that supports that.
> >
> > does anyone have a clue?
> >
> > true? fake? half-true? half-fake?
> >
> >
> > thanks edwinx
>
> "edwin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:WXpRb.19237$5D.7777@clgrps13...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just heard this from my friend.. i'm not sure if its true but sounds very..fishy.
> >
> > but we were talking about how the skin neeeds to breath and stuff.
> >
> > so she said that her instructor told her that back when filming the golden finger movie, one of
> > the models were covered entirely in gold paint and then 20minutes later, the model died. cause
> > her skin didn't breath.
> >
> > so..i'm trying to find stuff on the net that supports that.
> >
> > does anyone have a clue?
> >
> > true? fake? half-true? half-fake?
> >
> >
> > thanks edwinx