Skinny on New Giant Alliance frame?

digi-bike

Mar 29, 2007
Anyone have any information of this new frame? What is your thoughts? It comes in either OCR or TCR geometry. Which is best?

Thanks

digi-bike said:
Anyone have any information of this new frame? What is your thoughts? It comes in either OCR or TCR geometry. Which is best?

Thanks
I bought the OCR A1!

robalert said:
where's the review???
Sorry for the delay, but I had to put some miles on the bike. I have about 700 miles on the bike.

Pros:
It has great shifting (20 speed), and I love only having 2 chain rings. I have no problems with steep hills. Quick response and very good power transfer. The bike smooths out bumps as promised, even with 110 psi. This bike is great for long rides, and I tend to not fatigue as easy. Seat works great on long rides (no numbing).

Cons:
Should be lighter (same weight as old bike). Rims worry me. Just one broken spoke will cause real problems (bring a spare). Does not have the top end speed as my old bike (most likely the gears). Tires are very soft (cheap upgrade).

Overall:
I am happy with this bike. It is not a racer, but is very comfortable and accelerates quickly. This is a improvement over my other bike, and that is all I have to judge against. I recommend the bike for the performance (and lower) cyclist. I plan to ride this bike for 10 years.