Skins:compression clothing

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by musher, Dec 16, 2007.

1. musher

musher New Member

Tags:
    Marako0406 likes this.

2. DNAtsol

DNAtsol New Member

3. azdroptop

azdroptop New Member

Basically skins are like under armour?

4. sideshow_bob

sideshow_bob New Member

The people at Skins used my company for a few pieces of work last year. I arranged a contra for services in exchange for some garments to give them a try. I was basically only interested in the long tights.

My interest was due to the fact I do a lot of back to back racing on weekends and was hoping that by using them after a Saturday event, my legs would feel in better shape for a Sunday event.

What I found was that in short very fast type events like crit racing, there was no discernable difference between using them and not using them. If I did a long road stage on the Saturday however, my recovery for Sunday racing appears to be improved. By how much is of course difficult to quantify. Historically, what I'd find is that the first say 30-60 minutes of a race (without using Skins) is that my legs would feel dead and would recover as the race went on. I find using Skins that that initial part is either shortened or elimated. By the end of a race my legs feel about the same regardless of wearing them or not anyway though.

YMMV.

--brett

5. musher

musher New Member

Hi brett,thank's for responding,i do mostly stage races and my first interest is recovery .I have used regular tight at night betwen stages and notice some improuvement but i was not sure if the tight were the source.

I have been watching few Iron man on TV and keep seeing one top runner over and over with tall white compression socks?? so compressing the calfs send the blood back faster ...

I hope your comp. will have more contracts ,it look like Skins is getting some attention....

I will give buy the tights and the shirt ,i'll give it a good try and let you know my thoughs:) .
    All the bests, Musher

6. devin28

devin28 New Member

Hello, musher,
    Thanks for sharing your site is very nice. Actually, the reason is that I long time find these services otherwise in future to find service so, I recommend my company service after you contact this company & get more details after takes this services. I share my company service High waisted compression leggings, Maternity compression shorts etc. you should try this.
    Thanks again!