SKINS ... Compression shorts and shirts. Has anyone tried?

David Thomas

Dec 6, 2004
Just wondering if anyone had a personal review of the new compression tights and shirts from SKINS?

They make bold claims but I'm skeptical of this stuff so I'd like to hear it firsthand before investing in this stuff.

thnks.

Gday mate i have a pair of skins leggings and find that they are FANTASTIC!I wear them on cold days over my knicks or after i get home from a long ride as recovery. I honestly believe that they significantly aid in recovery and venous return. Im a podiatry student and have learnt about the benefits of compression therapy and it is a widely use therapy in the medical world.....

David Thomas said:
Just wondering if anyone had a personal review of the new compression tights and shirts from SKINS?

They make bold claims but I'm skeptical of this stuff so I'd like to hear it firsthand before investing in this stuff.

thnks.

I recently purchased a pair of Skins compression shorts for a Marathon event yesterday.

In the past I have worn Nike or Speedo Jammer swim trucks for running and biking (short distance) during sprint Triathlons. I found that I like the close fit and slight compression of the swim trunks, so I decided to buy the Skins dedicated compression shorts for a longer event (my first Marathon ever).

Yesterday, after 26.2 miles, I can say that I had no noticeable lactic acid build up, the shorts did not creep, bunch up up or move around at all. They were comfortable and I just liked the way they felt. During this particular race, it rained constantly and was temperatures were in the low 40F. However I did run a casual pace of 10:20 per mile over the entire distance.

I can to speak to the actual medical benefits of compression, but I will say I liked them and will continue to use them during short to long runs and Triathlon events. For longer bike rides I will continue to use bike specific padded shorts.

I hope this helps a little.

I have not tried the skins but I use compression stockings and they definetly help my legs feel fresher after a ride.