skinsuit anyone?

Badger_South wrote:
|| On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:51:28 -0500, Jeff Starr <[email protected]>
|| wrote:
||| That sounds like a compliment to me. Nobody ever mistakes me for a
||| superhero;-)
||| Life is Good!
||| Jeff
|| Well, first of all, while my wife says 'nice legs', as a cyclist, I
|| totally suck. lol
|| Better to look good than be good, as Billy Crystal used to say (NOT!)
|| Plus think 6 y.o. kid - compliment? Think 'Halloween' tomorrow. He
|| probably meant 'cartoon character'. Actually I think he said 'looks
|| like a'.
|| -B
|| Working on a stylish lycra/spandex cape...

Capes are a liability in the superhero business. They get stuck in/on
things....

Badger_South wrote:
||| Embarassing, hell. That's one of the reasons I wear the things.
||| --Blair
||| "Why yes, son, I *am* a superhero."
|| Not if you totally still suck as a cyclist, like me.
|| Imagine there was an -actual- cyclist there, and heard that said
|| about an obvious newbie. ;-D
|| -B
|| Oh, the horror...

Badge -- you have to remember that most normal on-cycling folks won't know
what it means to be good at cycling....so you can totally fake that off.
Heck, most people will assume that you're a good cycling just because you
look like a peacock!

<[email protected]> wrote:
>Anyways, looking like a superhero - there could be worse things. I
>remember one of those anti-bike columnists once sneering about how
>cyclists imagine themselves being LANCE ARMSTRONG. Well, there could
>be worse things to aspire to. Better that than aspiring to be an
>overweight, slobby couch potato!

I don't want to be Lance Armstrong. His arms are too skinny.

--Blair
"Now, all the rest of his existence,
I suppose I can aspire to."

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 03:07:51 GMT, Blair P. Houghton <[email protected]> wrote:

> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>Anyways, looking like a superhero - there could be worse things. I
>>remember one of those anti-bike columnists once sneering about how
>>cyclists imagine themselves being LANCE ARMSTRONG. Well, there could
>>be worse things to aspire to. Better that than aspiring to be an
>>overweight, slobby couch potato!

>I don't want to be Lance Armstrong. His arms are too skinny.
>
> --Blair
> "Now, all the rest of his existence,
> I suppose I can aspire to."

Man if you saw me, you'd say, 'man, that dude could -never- ride a bike'.
Look at that upperbody, how could he climb?

Well, in some ways you'd be right, b/c I suck at riding fast and at
climbing.

My goal is to reduce the size of my arms to just under 17", and still be
tight and low sub-cutaneous fat...

If you haven't, check out his arms during the triathlon phase. Now for the
rec. rider, there is a physique to aspire to. :)

-B