Skinsuit

RYOUNG

Jun 13, 2004
What should you wear under a skinsuit? Obviously not underwear. But should you wear a undervest?

RYOUNG said:
What should you wear under a skinsuit? Obviously not underwear. But should you wear a undervest?
Eh, I think that's up to you -- there are plenty of cyclists who never throw on a jersey of any type without an underlayer; I tend to go bare.

lokstah said:
Eh, I think that's up to you -- there are plenty of cyclists who never throw on a jersey of any type without an underlayer; I tend to go bare.

And I almost always go with an underlayer -- feels so much better. But with a skinsuit, I've not done that. Possibly because the TT I did, and the one this Sunday, were/are in HOT weather (90+*F), while I train in the high 50s to low 70s most of the time.

freeeeeeedom!
there are times when I don't even wear anything underneath my blue jeans.

personal preference. I never raced track/TTs with an undershirt, somehow felt faster....:)

Under Armour HeatGear. Can't beat it, i've become dependent on the stuff, I wear it like an undershirt under everything everywhere.

I've always ben told that If you ride track you need to wear a layer under the skinsuit to help prevent the suit being burned into your skin if you go down.

tafi said:
I've always ben told that If you ride track you need to wear a layer under the skinsuit to help prevent the suit being burned into your skin if you go down.
Very true....all through my juve/junior years it was drummed into me too. But after a couple of races without one, it felt heaps better.

comfort > safety in my case! Always wear gloves when racing tho.....my hands are trashed.