Skirts and riding

Discussion in 'Women's Cycling' started by J_Doe, May 27, 2005.

1. J_Doe

J_Doe New Member

Hi, what do you think about riding in a skirt?

Tags:

2. romana

romana New Member

I like skirt wearing especially in warm weather, but i hate things tangled in bike chains;)
    Cant see way to practically wear them, and if it aint practical comfy, forget it!!!

3. Phuong L

Phuong L New Member

I found that during summer I occasionally wore a skirt while riding if I wasn't travelling too far away. During the hot summer months in Sydney it's just nice to get a breeze ;)

Most of the skirts I wore were about knee length and fitted (not tight). This prevented it from flapping up but at the same time held it in place, half-way up the thigh, without revealing too much. I wasn't too concerned about people being able to see my knickers (if they were ever able to) because at the end of the day that's what they're designed for - to prevent people from seeing your more private parts.

I do still prefer to wear shorts but if occasionally I like to wear a skirt just because.

4. Conniebiker

Conniebiker New Member

Skorts are a nice compromise.

5. ausgirl

ausgirl New Member

When i was at school and the uniforms were a dress that came down to the knees (and fairly baggy) I rode wearing that to school. But that was one of those "ladies" bikes with no high up top tube or anything. Now, as a roadie - never!!! I'm just imagining a skirt above the knee and fairly slim fitting - it would probably rip or flash the whole world :eek: .