Skoda

billy

Guest
Hi all,

Did anyone try ¡§Skoda" MTB before? Is it a good brand??

billy wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Did anyone try ¡§Skoda" MTB before? Is it a good brand??

Skoda is a Czech car brand now owned by Volkswagen. Dunno what that says
about their bikes, though...

Robin

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:33:05 +0200, RNK <[email protected]>
wrote:

>billy wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>

>> Did anyone try ¡§Skoda" MTB before? Is it a good brand??
>>

>Skoda is a Czech car brand now owned by Volkswagen. Dunno what that says
>about their bikes, though...

I thought Skoda was one of those Eastern European national companies that makes
everything. Zastava in the old Yugoslavia was like that. I suppose they
would've broken it up and privatized by now. Probably broke the bike branch off
and sold to someone else or continued under local management.

Ron

<[email protected]> wrote:

>> Did anyone try ¡§Skoda" MTB before? Is it a good brand??
>>

>Skoda is a Czech car brand now owned by Volkswagen.

The cars were just a part of it. Skoda was a *huge* engineering
conglomerate, building everything from railway locomotives to
armament.

>Dunno what that says about their bikes, though...

Neither do I, but if their locomotive building is anything to go by,
then it would be good, solidly engineered stuff, but without any bells
and whistles.

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 21:55:42 +0200, Andrew Price <[email protected]> wrote:

>Neither do I, but if their locomotive building is anything to go by,
>then it would be good, solidly engineered stuff, but without any bells
>and whistles.

But if their former cars were anything to go by, it'd be cheap, fairly
functional stuff but not terribly solidly engineered, let alone any bells
and whistles. Feel lucky it has a radio.

Jasper

Their cars are widely used in the Mideast and other parts of the world,
often as taxis. The older ones were indeed very basic, but the new models
are _far_ from bad. They have improved tremendously.

news:[email protected]...

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 05:55:43 -0400, "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Their cars are widely used in the Mideast and other parts of the world,
>often as taxis. The older ones were indeed very basic, but the new models
>are _far_ from bad. They have improved tremendously.

The post-VW takeover Skodas are basically just VWs with different body
styling and price. So yeah, those are much better.

Jasper

> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 05:55:43 -0400, "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Their cars are widely used in the Mideast and other parts of the world,
>> often as taxis. The older ones were indeed very basic, but the new models
>> are _far_ from bad. They have improved tremendously.

They were used extensively in the Tour de France....so they must make
good bicycles ;-)

Jeez, I should work in marketing!

--
Mark