Slavery times...

vatel

Guest
My brother in law has the possibilliy to sign a contract as sous chef
in a 5* fine dining located in the asian east.
Term of contract is in case of termining this contract in any case (!)
to pay back the outstanding wages untill the contracted end.
In first i thought , myself chef , 25 years experience from take away
over fine dining to nowadays healthy scient fooods chef in a kind of
Spa with 50 years of vegetarian experience, this is a upcoming new kind
of slavery.
Sorry fe me rusty english skills...;-)

Have a look at:
http://veganer.blogspot.com/
translate fe fun they have more rusty skills than me...

vatel wrote:

> My brother in law has the possibilliy to sign a contract as sous chef
> in a 5* fine dining located in the asian east.
> Term of contract is in case of termining this contract in any case (!)
> to pay back the outstanding wages untill the contracted end.
> In first i thought , myself chef , 25 years experience from take away
> over fine dining to nowadays healthy scient fooods chef in a kind of
> Spa with 50 years of vegetarian experience, this is a upcoming new kind
> of slavery.
> Sorry fe me rusty english skills...;-)

The restaurant business is strange. People will pay a lot of money for the
experience of a nice meal, but no one wants to pay the staff well. I have a
nephew who spent a few years in college to become a chef and I was appalled
to find out how much he was making as a sous chef.

On 31 Mar 2006 12:10:55 -0800, vatel wrote:

> My brother in law has the possibilliy to sign a contract as sous chef
> in a 5* fine dining located in the asian east.
> Term of contract is in case of termining this contract in any case (!)
> to pay back the outstanding wages untill the contracted end.
> In first i thought , myself chef , 25 years experience from take away
> over fine dining to nowadays healthy scient fooods chef in a kind of
> Spa with 50 years of vegetarian experience, this is a upcoming new kind
> of slavery.
> Sorry fe me rusty english skills...;-)
>
> Have a look at:
> http://veganer.blogspot.com/
> translate fe fun they have more rusty skills than me...

Isn't that the traditional way of becomming a chef? Work long hours
at low pay just to learn the business.

ya right and get beaten by the chef...french style 20 years ago...!
I just want to protect my brother...la familigia ! Courtesy of de
Niro....

vatel wrote:
> ya right and get beaten by the chef...french style 20 years ago...!
> I just want to protect my brother...la familigia ! Courtesy of de
> Niro....

I don't believe chefs beat their sous chefs anymore :) But yes, it's the
hard work, long hours, low pay way. No one graduates from culinary school
and instantly becomes head chef at a restaurant.

Jill