Slavery times...

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by vatel, Mar 31, 2006.

  1. vatel

    vatel Guest

    My brother in law has the possibilliy to sign a contract as sous chef
    in a 5* fine dining located in the asian east.
    Term of contract is in case of termining this contract in any case (!)
    to pay back the outstanding wages untill the contracted end.
    In first i thought , myself chef , 25 years experience from take away
    over fine dining to nowadays healthy scient fooods chef in a kind of
    Spa with 50 years of vegetarian experience, this is a upcoming new kind
    of slavery.
    Sorry fe me rusty english skills...;-)

    Have a look at:
    http://veganer.blogspot.com/
    translate fe fun they have more rusty skills than me...

    Tags:

  2. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    vatel wrote:

    > My brother in law has the possibilliy to sign a contract as sous chef
    > in a 5* fine dining located in the asian east.
    > Term of contract is in case of termining this contract in any case (!)
    > to pay back the outstanding wages untill the contracted end.
    > In first i thought , myself chef , 25 years experience from take away
    > over fine dining to nowadays healthy scient fooods chef in a kind of
    > Spa with 50 years of vegetarian experience, this is a upcoming new kind
    > of slavery.
    > Sorry fe me rusty english skills...;-)

    The restaurant business is strange. People will pay a lot of money for the
    experience of a nice meal, but no one wants to pay the staff well. I have a
    nephew who spent a few years in college to become a chef and I was appalled
    to find out how much he was making as a sous chef.

  3. vatel

    vatel Guest

    Did you meen how much he will or what...sorry rusty ....

  4. vatel wrote:
    > Did you meen how much he will or what...sorry rusty ....

    From the context, I believe he means "how little" his nephew was being
    paid as a sous chef.

    Abby

    --
    The ChildFree Abby Archives - http://www.dismal-light.net/childfreeabby/

  5. sf

    sf Guest

    On 31 Mar 2006 12:10:55 -0800, vatel wrote:

    > My brother in law has the possibilliy to sign a contract as sous chef
    > in a 5* fine dining located in the asian east.
    > Term of contract is in case of termining this contract in any case (!)
    > to pay back the outstanding wages untill the contracted end.
    > In first i thought , myself chef , 25 years experience from take away
    > over fine dining to nowadays healthy scient fooods chef in a kind of
    > Spa with 50 years of vegetarian experience, this is a upcoming new kind
    > of slavery.
    > Sorry fe me rusty english skills...;-)
    >
    > Have a look at:
    > http://veganer.blogspot.com/
    > translate fe fun they have more rusty skills than me...

    Isn't that the traditional way of becomming a chef? Work long hours
    at low pay just to learn the business.

  6. vatel

    vatel Guest

    ya right and get beaten by the chef...french style 20 years ago...!
    I just want to protect my brother...la familigia ! Courtesy of de
    Niro....

  7. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    vatel wrote:
    > ya right and get beaten by the chef...french style 20 years ago...!
    > I just want to protect my brother...la familigia ! Courtesy of de
    > Niro....

    I don't believe chefs beat their sous chefs anymore :) But yes, it's the
    hard work, long hours, low pay way. No one graduates from culinary school
    and instantly becomes head chef at a restaurant.

    Jill