Sleepy flight deck 6501

Mark

Guest
I have a new flight deck, and it seems to go to sleep fine but it won't wake up by touching one of
the buttons or spinning the wheel(as my older one does). Is this normal? If it is not, what have I
done wrong? I have programed wheel size, gears, time, etc.. A web search provided no help. TIA

Press both a and b buttons on the unit itself to wake it up.

"mark" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I have a new flight deck, and it seems to go to sleep fine but it won't wake up by touching one of
> the buttons or spinning the wheel(as my older one does). Is this normal? If it is not, what have I
> done wrong? I have programed wheel size, gears, time, etc.. A web search provided no help. TIA

"mark" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I have a new flight deck, and it seems to go to sleep fine but it won't wake up by touching one of
> the buttons or spinning the wheel(as my older one does). Is this normal? If it is not, what have I
> done wrong? I have programed wheel size, gears, time, etc.. A web search provided no help. TIA

You need to press either the "A" or the "B" button on the back of the computer head to wake it up.
This is described in the 6501 manual on page 13 - Power Saver Function.

It says: Canceling Power Saver Mode - The normal display will return as soon as switch "A" or switch
"B" is pressed.

You might check to see if you have the correct manual. My 6501 came with a 6500 manual. Here is a
link to an on-line 6501 manual if you need it:
http://psycle-therapy.great-ride.com/shimano_flight_deck_6501_instruc.htm

Originally posted by Gary Mishler
"mark" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

You might check to see if you have the correct manual. My 6501 came with a 6500 manual. Here is a
link to an on-line 6501 manual if you need it:
http://psycle-therapy.great-ride.com/shimano_flight_deck_6501_instruc.htm

In my many years of buying products (many of which were manufactured by foreign companies), I've never seen an owner's manual worse than the one that comes with the Flight Deck. You wonder if they ever bothered to hand the manual to someone who hasn't used the computer, then watched as the person tried to figure it out.

- Dennis in Seattle