Sleepy raver killed cyclist, court told

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
Check this $$$$ out :rolleyes: @$%*&!*%!

Sleepy raver killed cyclist, court told
A WOMAN who took ecstasy at a dance party later killed a cyclist when she fell asleep at the wheel of her car, a court heard yesterday.

Lynette Satalich had barely slept in 24 hours when she hit three cyclists heading in the opposite direction on The Esplanade in Brighton on January 28, 2001, the Melbourne Magistrates' Court was told.

Prosecutor Simon Cooper said Ms Satalich's car brushed past the group's lead cyclist and collided with the other two, sweeping them off the roadway.

School teacher David Renowden, 52, died instantly. Hugh Lowy, 50, suffered life-threatening injuries including a broken leg, lacerated spleen and liver. Lead cyclist John Coghlan escaped with minor injuries.

The court heard Ms Satalich admitted in a police interview that she fell asleep before the collision.

She allegedly told police she was driving home from a dance party she had been at since midnight.

Ms Satalich told police she had taken one ecstasy tablet at the party. She also had two guarana tablets and two alcoholic drinks, the court heard. Brendan Wilkinson, for Ms Satalich, said the guarana, alcohol and speed had not played a part in the crash.

Mr Cooper said Ms Satalich had a maximum of 1 and 1/2 hours' sleep over the 24 hours before the accident. "The defendant's driving skills, at the time the incident occurred, would have been adversely affected by ... sleep deprivation and ecstasy," he said.

Ms Satalich, 36, of Chelsea Heights, reserved her plea to culpable driving and negligently causing serious injury.

Magistrate Barbara Cotterell ordered Ms Satalich to stand trial over the charges. She was released on bail to appear in the County Court in June

I've attached a photo of the stupid $$$$, so if you see her you'll know to run the $$$$$ over :D

Kind regards

Originally posted by steve

I've attached a photo of the stupid $$$$$, so if you see her you'll know to run the $$$$$ over :D

Remember to back up over her a few times!

some drivers it makes you wander.

i got ran of the road the over week. lady in a car came to the side of me then when to turn into her drive way.!!! I was about to crash into the curb when i pased a drive way i jumped ito the drive way and onto the foot path at 35 kph and managed to avoid a crash :D :D :D

hope the lady gets some jail time and no more driving for here id say

What will she get for murder... a suspended licence....the court must just please not take in consideration that she was using illegal drugs....no no no no....she didn't have enough sleep:mad:

Man, people like that seriously **** me off :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by RalleighOke
What will she get for murder... a suspended licence....the court must just please not take in consideration that she was using illegal drugs....no no no no....she didn't have enough sleep:mad:

Man, people like that seriously **** me off :mad: :mad:

She will get SFA

I wouldn't soil my hands touching such pondlife. The most most honourable thing she could do is to remove herself from the gene pool and top herself.

She doesn't deserve to breath the same air as decent people

This is why I believe road rules need fascist-police-state style enforcement. At least then, she'd get some time for driving under the influence of drugs if nothing else.

"The defendant's driving skills, at the time the incident occurred, would have been adversely affected by ... sleep deprivation and ecstasy,"

Then WTF was the silly cow doing on the road in the first place?

Wow, you have young idiots with cars in England too.

While we in Florida, USA have to deal with 1/2 blind geezers that can't see 40 cyclist in the other side of the road.

Randy

A result. This is from The Age - Melbourne.

Woman jailed over cyclist's death
July 25 2003

A Melbourne woman who crashed into and killed a cyclist after falling asleep at the wheel of her car was today jailed for at least two years and three months.

The Victorian County Court heard that 37-year-old Lynette Satalich had attended an all-night dance party and had taken one ecstasy tablet, two guarana tablets and some alcohol at the time of the crash about 9.25am (AEDT) at Brighton on January 28, 2001.

Satalich's car ploughed into three cyclists, killing 52-year-old schoolteacher, David Renowden, instantly.

Another, Hugh Lowy, 50, suffered serious injuries. The third cyclist escaped with minor injuries.

County Court judge, Graeme Crossley, said Satalich had been awake "for all but a tiny portion" of the 24 hours before the collision.

The judge said the substances taken by Satalich had no significant relevance and the Crown's case was based on the fact that Satalich knew there was a real risk she would lose control of her car as a result of falling asleep.

He accepted that Satalich's feelings of remorse "were and remain profound as well as genuine".

But, he said that driving when unfit as a result of sleep deprivation had been described by the Court of Appeal as little different in terms of culpability from driving while highly intoxicated.

He sentenced Satalich to a maximum term of four years and nine months.

Satalich, of Chelsea Heights, pleaded guilty to one charge of culpable driving, one of negligently causing serious injury and one of possessing cannabis.

- AAP

GREAT!!

She would definetly not have received that sentence here.

And another thing is that the courts there now show that if you drive reckless and kill someone (cyclist, pedestrian), you are going to have to face the jail time.

My "hero of the week" - This judge.

BS- Kill some Cyclist and get off with 4 years jail?

What friggen BS!