Slicks!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Shaun Rimmer, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Well, just purchased one single slick tyre for the FrankenBeater (buy the other next week/week after
    when funds are there) - my first ever slick tyre purchase (hope to hell I ain't turnin'
    roadie........shud-d-d-d-d-er.......).

    Maxxis Xenith. It's skinny (1.5" FFS!), and apart from saying 'Maxxis' in tiny, slightly raised
    letters all over the contact surface, it's slick, totally. What more can I say?

    I'm off to throw a party now, just to keep Jock Duff happy.

    Shaun aRe - Rode it around the parking lot, 1 whole time, and I can tell you, this tyre is
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Tags:

  2. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:38:04 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > (hope to hell I ain't turnin' roadie........shud-d-d-d-d-er.......).

    Evil laughter fills my head. If you have to hope to hell then it's to late, much to late!

    You're a roadie mooowhaaahaaaahahhhahhha!

    Say it, just say it! "I Shaun Rimmer am roadie scum."

    You thank me for this advice as you progress.

    :-]

  3. Quakenshake

    Quakenshake Guest

    Well beings you bought slicks (I checked a pic of them they are slick) any chance you know anything
    maybe seen these while searching your purchase? The Kenda K-Rad tires? They are for road, 2.3 in
    size like a big a$$ bmx tire

    here 6 tires down are the K-rads http://www.kendausa.com/bicycle/mountain_bike.cfm?p=03

  4. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:38:04 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > (hope to hell I ain't turnin' roadie........shud-d-d-d-d-er.......).
    >
    > Evil laughter fills my head.

    > If you have to hope to hell then it's to late, much to late!

    I don't have to hope to hell, in fact I don't believe in hell, or heaven, outside of a state of
    being, what, me being non-religious and stuff. It wazs a turn of phrase only........

    >',;~}~

    > You're a roadie mooowhaaahaaaahahhhahhha!

    Everyone is a roadie when on the road, William, and most unfortunately, there's no dirt trail from
    home to work.

    > Say it, just say it! "I Shaun Rimmer am roadie scum."

    I could say it all I want, wouldn't alter the reality that I am, no more or no less than, and in
    totallity, *Shaun aRe*.

    > You thank me for this advice as you progress.

    You really have lost the plot old boy ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe - still writing the plot.

  5. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    QUAKEnSHAKE <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Well beings you bought slicks (I checked a pic of them they are slick)

    They most certainly are, and they certainly roll like a very rolly thing full of
    'rollyness' boosters.

    > any chance you know anything maybe seen these while searching your purchase?

    Didn't search my purchase - went into LBS, asked if they had any slicks, they shpowed me some
    'nearly' slicks, I said 'no, proper' slicks, and the Xeniths were all they had. Went back the day
    after and bought one for £13.50 (a bit steep, but the boss was busy in back with the new 'pooter
    system, so I didn't get best discount - I wasn't bothered or I'da hassled him.

    > The Kenda K-Rad tires? They are for road, 2.3 in size like a big a$$ bmx tire

    Why would I? They aren't slicks?

    > here 6 tires down are the K-rads http://www.kendausa.com/bicycle/mountain_bike.cfm?p=03

    They look OK - give 'em a shot and post your eq. rept here ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe