Slicks!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Shaun Rimmer, Aug 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaun Rimmer

Shaun Rimmer Guest

Well, just purchased one single slick tyre for the FrankenBeater (buy the other next week/week after
    when funds are there) - my first ever slick tyre purchase (hope to hell I ain't turnin'
    roadie........shud-d-d-d-d-er.......).

Maxxis Xenith. It's skinny (1.5" FFS!), and apart from saying 'Maxxis' in tiny, slightly raised
    letters all over the contact surface, it's slick, totally. What more can I say?

I'm off to throw a party now, just to keep Jock Duff happy.

Shaun aRe - Rode it around the parking lot, 1 whole time, and I can tell you, this tyre is
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags:

2. Bill Wheeler

Bill Wheeler Guest

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:38:04 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > (hope to hell I ain't turnin' roadie........shud-d-d-d-d-er.......).

Evil laughter fills my head. If you have to hope to hell then it's to late, much to late!

You're a roadie mooowhaaahaaaahahhhahhha!

Say it, just say it! "I Shaun Rimmer am roadie scum."

You thank me for this advice as you progress.

Peace, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind
    should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    :-]

3. Quakenshake

Quakenshake Guest

Well beings you bought slicks (I checked a pic of them they are slick) any chance you know anything
    maybe seen these while searching your purchase? The Kenda K-Rad tires? They are for road, 2.3 in
    size like a big a$$ bmx tire

here 6 tires down are the K-rads http://www.kendausa.com/bicycle/mountain_bike.cfm?p=03

4. Shaun Rimmer

Shaun Rimmer Guest

Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:38:04 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > (hope to hell I ain't turnin' roadie........shud-d-d-d-d-er.......).
    >
    > Evil laughter fills my head.

> If you have to hope to hell then it's to late, much to late!

I don't have to hope to hell, in fact I don't believe in hell, or heaven, outside of a state of
    being, what, me being non-religious and stuff. It wazs a turn of phrase only........

>',;~}~

> You're a roadie mooowhaaahaaaahahhhahhha!

Everyone is a roadie when on the road, William, and most unfortunately, there's no dirt trail from
    home to work.

> Say it, just say it! "I Shaun Rimmer am roadie scum."

I could say it all I want, wouldn't alter the reality that I am, no more or no less than, and in
    totallity, *Shaun aRe*.

> You thank me for this advice as you progress.

You really have lost the plot old boy ',;~}~

Shaun aRe - still writing the plot.

5. Shaun Rimmer

Shaun Rimmer Guest

QUAKEnSHAKE <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Well beings you bought slicks (I checked a pic of them they are slick)

They most certainly are, and they certainly roll like a very rolly thing full of
    'rollyness' boosters.

> any chance you know anything maybe seen these while searching your purchase?

Didn't search my purchase - went into LBS, asked if they had any slicks, they shpowed me some
    'nearly' slicks, I said 'no, proper' slicks, and the Xeniths were all they had. Went back the day
    after and bought one for £13.50 (a bit steep, but the boss was busy in back with the new 'pooter
    system, so I didn't get best discount - I wasn't bothered or I'da hassled him.

> The Kenda K-Rad tires? They are for road, 2.3 in size like a big a$$ bmx tire

Why would I? They aren't slicks?

> here 6 tires down are the K-rads http://www.kendausa.com/bicycle/mountain_bike.cfm?p=03

They look OK - give 'em a shot and post your eq. rept here ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.