Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Slight OT: Tubus Racks

Started by Robert Strickla · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,201 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
22 February 2003
Last activity
22 February 2003
Original author
Robert Strickla
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,201
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Has anyone noticed that Tubus racks are no longer in production or am I missing something. I tried
    to visit www.tubus.nl but was redirected to the new website at www.m-gineering.nl where it states
    that "Tubus racks are no longer carried." (in small print at the bottom of the English page).
    "Carried" struck me as a bit strange as I thought they were the manufacturers but perhaps I'm
    mistaken. If these guys aren't the manufacturer does anyone happen to know who is?

    Thanks, Rob Strickland

  2. Sat, 22 Feb 2003 10:54:43 +0100, Robert Strickland:

    Quoted message said:

    Has anyone noticed that Tubus racks are no longer in production or am I missing something. I tried
    to visit www.tubus.nl but was redirected to the new website at www.m-gineering.nl where it states
    that "Tubus racks are no longer carried." (in small print at the bottom of the English page).
    "Carried" struck me as a bit strange as I thought they were the manufacturers but perhaps I'm
    mistaken. If these guys aren't the manufacturer does anyone happen to know who is?

    Tubus racks were and are produced in Germany. M-Gineering was the dutch importer of those racks.
    www.tubus.nl was the web-site of the importer. The official site of the manufacturer is:
    www.tubus.net , the english pages can be found at tubus.netindex uk.htm

    Andreas - using a Tubus Cargo and a predecessor of the Fly

  3. Robert Strickland said:


    Has anyone noticed that Tubus racks are no longer in production or am I missing something. I tried
    to visit www.tubus.nl but was redirected to the new website at www.m-gineering.nl where it states
    that "Tubus racks are no longer carried." (in small print at the bottom of the English page).
    "Carried" struck me as a bit strange as I thought they were the manufacturers but perhaps I'm
    mistaken. If these guys aren't the manufacturer does anyone happen to know who is?

    Thanks, Rob Strickland

    Tubus sent me an email that they had decided that one of the Dutch ortlieb importers would be
    more succesfull in distributing Tubus racks. Probably because they are desperate to hop into bed
    with Ortlieb.

    The official Tubus website is Tubus.net, but don't expect to find 2003 models there

    AFAIK Tubus racks are currently made in China

    --
    Marten Gerritsen cycle-imports & framebuilding

    NEW WEBADRESS: www.M-Gineering.nl

  4. Andreas,

    Thanks. I'm now happy I can still get one.

    Robert

    "Andreas Oehler" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Sat, 22 Feb 2003 10:54:43 +0100, Robert Strickland:

    Quoted message said:

    Has anyone noticed that Tubus racks are no longer in production or am I missing something. I
    tried to visit www.tubus.nl but was redirected to


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    new website at www.m-gineering.nl where it states that "Tubus racks are


    no

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    longer carried." (in small print at the bottom of the English page). "Carried" struck me as a bit
    strange as I thought they were the manufacturers but perhaps I'm mistaken. If these guys aren't
    the manufacturer does anyone happen to know who is?

    Tubus racks were and are produced in Germany. M-Gineering was the dutch importer of those racks.
    www.tubus.nl was the web-site of the importer. The official site of the manufacturer is:
    www.tubus.net , the english pages can be found at tubus.netindex uk.htm

    Andreas - using a Tubus Cargo and a predecessor of the Fly

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.