Slight OT: Tubus Racks

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Robert Strickla, Feb 22, 2003.

  1. Has anyone noticed that Tubus racks are no longer in production or am I missing something. I tried
    to visit www.tubus.nl but was redirected to the new website at www.m-gineering.nl where it states
    that "Tubus racks are no longer carried." (in small print at the bottom of the English page).
    "Carried" struck me as a bit strange as I thought they were the manufacturers but perhaps I'm
    mistaken. If these guys aren't the manufacturer does anyone happen to know who is?

    Thanks, Rob Strickland

    Tags:

  2. Sat, 22 Feb 2003 10:54:43 +0100, Robert Strickland:

    >Has anyone noticed that Tubus racks are no longer in production or am I missing something. I tried
    >to visit www.tubus.nl but was redirected to the new website at www.m-gineering.nl where it states
    >that "Tubus racks are no longer carried." (in small print at the bottom of the English page).
    >"Carried" struck me as a bit strange as I thought they were the manufacturers but perhaps I'm
    >mistaken. If these guys aren't the manufacturer does anyone happen to know who is?

    Tubus racks were and are produced in Germany. M-Gineering was the dutch importer of those racks.
    www.tubus.nl was the web-site of the importer. The official site of the manufacturer is:
    www.tubus.net , the english pages can be found at http://www.tubus.net/index_uk.htm

    Andreas - using a Tubus Cargo and a predecessor of the Fly

  3. Robert Strickland wrote:

    > Has anyone noticed that Tubus racks are no longer in production or am I missing something. I tried
    > to visit www.tubus.nl but was redirected to the new website at www.m-gineering.nl where it states
    > that "Tubus racks are no longer carried." (in small print at the bottom of the English page).
    > "Carried" struck me as a bit strange as I thought they were the manufacturers but perhaps I'm
    > mistaken. If these guys aren't the manufacturer does anyone happen to know who is?
    >
    > Thanks, Rob Strickland

    Tubus sent me an email that they had decided that one of the Dutch ortlieb importers would be
    more succesfull in distributing Tubus racks. Probably because they are desperate to hop into bed
    with Ortlieb.

    The official Tubus website is Tubus.net, but don't expect to find 2003 models there

    AFAIK Tubus racks are currently made in China

    --
    Marten Gerritsen cycle-imports & framebuilding

    NEW WEBADRESS: www.M-Gineering.nl

  4. Andreas,

    Thanks. I'm now happy I can still get one.

    Robert

    news:[email protected]...