Slightly different salad

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Kalanamak, Mar 14, 2004.

  1. Kalanamak

    Kalanamak Guest

    Adapting from The New York Times American Heritage cookbook
    (by replacing the white vinegar) I salted two thin sliced
    big cukes, let drain ten minutes, rinsed and dried and then
    marinated them 2 hours in 3/4 cup White Balsamic Vinegar
    with half that amount of sugar and a big, fine grinding of
    white pepper. A big bowl of yuppie chow (mesclun) with some
    very good olive oil over
    it...then pile on a layer of these cucks, and toss. So good,
    I ate all the cukes! blacksalt

    Tags:

  2. Katra

    Katra Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    kalanamak <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Adapting from The New York Times American Heritage
    > cookbook (by replacing the white vinegar) I salted two
    > thin sliced big cukes, let drain ten minutes, rinsed and
    > dried and then marinated them 2 hours in 3/4 cup White
    > Balsamic Vinegar with half that amount of sugar and a big,
    > fine grinding of white pepper. A big bowl of yuppie chow
    > (mescaline) with some very good olive oil over
    > it...then pile on a layer of these cukes, and toss. So
    > good, I ate all the cukes! blacksalt

    Ah........ Grated San Pedro cactus? ;-)

    K.

    --