Slightly different salad

Kalanamak

Guest
Adapting from The New York Times American Heritage cookbook
(by replacing the white vinegar) I salted two thin sliced
big cukes, let drain ten minutes, rinsed and dried and then
marinated them 2 hours in 3/4 cup White Balsamic Vinegar
with half that amount of sugar and a big, fine grinding of
white pepper. A big bowl of yuppie chow (mesclun) with some
very good olive oil over
it...then pile on a layer of these cucks, and toss. So good,
I ate all the cukes! blacksalt

In article <[email protected]>,
kalanamak <[email protected]> wrote:

> Adapting from The New York Times American Heritage
> cookbook (by replacing the white vinegar) I salted two
> thin sliced big cukes, let drain ten minutes, rinsed and
> dried and then marinated them 2 hours in 3/4 cup White
> Balsamic Vinegar with half that amount of sugar and a big,
> fine grinding of white pepper. A big bowl of yuppie chow
> (mescaline) with some very good olive oil over
> it...then pile on a layer of these cukes, and toss. So
> good, I ate all the cukes! blacksalt

Ah........ Grated San Pedro cactus? ;-)

K.

--