Slightly O/T

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ns>, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. Ns>

    Ns> Guest

    I saw online in a OBS somewhere advertised, a Lung volume expander exerciser tool (for lack of a
    better word). Do those work? With all of the "Red" ozone days and news of lung damage when working
    out on those days, would that tool cause more damage or would it be more helpful on those days to
    get more Oxygen to the lungs?

    Athsma sux, NS

    Tags:

  2. Ronald

    Ronald Guest

    > I saw online in a OBS somewhere advertised, a Lung volume expander exerciser tool (for lack of a
    > better word).

    Just get a standard compressor, you can use it for other things too.

    "NS>" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:wiN2b.266580$o%[email protected]...
    > I saw online in a OBS somewhere advertised, a Lung volume expander exerciser tool (for lack of a
    > better word). Do those work? With all of the "Red" ozone days and news of lung damage when working
    > out on those days, would that tool cause more damage or would it be more helpful on those days to
    > get more Oxygen to the lungs?
    >
    > Athsma sux,
    > NS

  3. Ns>

    Ns> Guest

    <cut>

    Yeah nothing tastes better than compressor air!:)

    The tool or whatever said to inhale several times at 3 to 4 different times of the day to increase
    your lung capacity... I guess it would do the function of wind sprints or intervals but on a
    lazier scale.

    NS

  4. Raptor

    Raptor Guest

    NS> wrote:
    > <cut>
    >
    > Yeah nothing tastes better than compressor air!:)
    >

    > The tool or whatever said to inhale several times at 3 to 4 different times of the day to increase
    > your lung capacity... I guess it would do the function of wind sprints or intervals but on a
    > lazier scale.

    Just ride a lot above 9000 feet. Jeez.