Slightly OT: A Diabetic medical question about combating the effectsof Novolog

BJPruett

Guest
The reason I am placing this request for help on this newsgroup is
because I use the newsgroup quite a bit and know there are a few other
diabetics online here. I'm having some medical problems and would like
to find someone who might be able to offer me some solutions.

I'm diabetic and am taking 30 units of Novolog Mix 70/30 twice a day
(morning and evening).
But it makes me very sleepy and I am spending way too much time in bed
during the day.
I force myself to get up but then have no energy or natural enthusiasm.
And there are times when my feet and my legs (from my knees down) hurt a
lot, enough to make my daily walks very slow and difficult.

I've just finished a several months time period where I took no
medication at all and got back my old energy, and my legs and feet quit
hurting. Everything was much better except for my sugar level, which
shot up to the danger point and stayed there despite my strict eating
habits. I kept my carb intake and calories extremely low.
I am of normal weight.

My doctor talked me into going back on the Novolog insulin shots last
month. Within a week the sleepiness and leg/foot pain returned.

Has anyone on this newsgroup had the same problem? If so, what did you
do about it?

I can't switch to taking pills instead of the shots. Over the years I
have taken every different pill available and each one has made me sick,
some extremely so. The insulin shots are the least damaging medicine I
have tried so there isn't any alternative to them at this point. My
body seems to be allergic to all diabetic medicine but I would like to
find a way to fight the symptoms I'm having from the shots. Any
suggestions????

You can write me via this newsgroup or at my email address:
[email protected]

Thanks,

Barbara

"BJPruett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> My doctor talked me into going back on the Novolog insulin shots last
> month. Within a week the sleepiness and leg/foot pain returned.
>
> Has anyone on this newsgroup had the same problem? If so, what did you
> do about it?

There's a guy on news:misc.health.diabetes who swears it's the synthetic
'human' insulins that caused his problem and switching to pork helped him,
don't remember his name, sorry.

--
No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes